jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Can you lose your Salvation?

1. daledad8 profile image76
    daledad8posted 7 years ago

Can you lose your Salvation?

Once saved always saved! Many believe this to be true; but is it? Can you lose out on salvation thru actions, decisions or behavior(s)? Once you accept Jesus, does he excuse or forgive everything you do?

2. profile image0
    ShadowKing!posted 7 years ago

Salvation means the state of being saved. It is a noun based on the root word "save". Keep in mind the literal definitions of "save/salvation" are the same in every language. And for my comment I don't need to quote the Scriptures in full since the "literal definitions" of these 2 words bear the same rendering in Scriptures.
    1. To save someone requires "a physical act" mandating that you "remove" that person from "danger".
    2. To have salvation requires one to be in a "physical state/condition" literally away from any "threat of danger"
    A. Jesus said He will save us FROM sin. Sinning involves "committing an act" therefore one can only "do" something wrong to sin. So if Jesus is going to save (physically remove) us from sin (danger) to do so requires Him to place us in salvation (a physical condition) designed to prevent the dangers of sin from effecting us.
    B. Contrary to popular Christian belief the definition of Salvation, by dictionary or by Bible, will ultimately result in Jesus saving us by granting us a physical transformation into spiritual entities under the moniker "eternal life". As a spirit, possessing the same holy, righteous character as Christ, it will then be impossible for sin to harm us. Thus we are saved by the spirit. Thus we are in a state of salvation--the Kingdom of God.

The Bible says the only unforgivable sin is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. The H.S. is the POWER of God, the power to make things real whether new or altered. Denying this Power after seeing it in action is the unforgivable sin. Because if you deny that Holy Power can change you, then there is NOTHING else God can do for you.
    This is the only way to lose the COMING gift of salvation. At the Great White Throne Judgment it will be offered to the last resurrected people. Refuse it...and get the second death sentence

3. lilypjmom2122 profile image73
    lilypjmom2122posted 7 years ago

No one is perfect and I believe Jesus can forgive us of all sins but we also need to be open to his forgiveness. If we mope around depressed about a serious sin we may have commited than that can possibly lead us into a dispair where our salvation can be diminished but i also believe that once that light has been planted it's very hard to blow out. Life has it's ups and downs but when you find God it's hard to let him go. My faith has been a rocky one but i'm suprised and astonished at how he keeps on presenting himself to me time and time again. Just when i feel like i'm losing my way he does something to let me know he's still there. That keeps my faith going strong.

4. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 7 years ago

Many believe you are saved because you believe. But Yahshua Taught you had to endure till the end
    Matthew 24:13
    "But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved".

By this, he meant that we have to keep the commandments all our lives.
    Matthew 19:16-17
    16. "And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? "
    17." And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments"

Yahshua taught that if you love God you will keep the commandments
    John 15:10
    "If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love"

5. HOOWANTSTONO profile image59
    HOOWANTSTONOposted 7 years ago

Gods purpose was to Redeem man from the punishment of sin, and that would be death, and thereafter not entering into Eternal life.
    Look at what God (Jesus Christ) promises,

1 CORINTHIANS 7;23
    Ye are bought with a price; be ye not servants of men.

EPHESIANS 2:8-10
    For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Rom 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

Rom 8:38-39 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
    Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

God will never leave you or forsake you. So rather let this be uplifting than occasion to sin.

6. preacher2003 profile image59
    preacher2003posted 6 years ago

if you willingly walk away from Jesus.

if you tempt God by toying with such a great price paid (Jesus)

we stay saved by a daily act of faith and trying to be better than the day before, growing and being sanctified

not by works or deeds can salvation be had, but by exhibiting faith in Jesus -