Can you lose your Salvation?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)
  1. daledad8 profile image80
    daledad8posted 13 years ago

Can you lose your Salvation?

Once saved always saved! Many believe this to be true; but is it? Can you lose out on salvation thru actions, decisions or behavior(s)? Once you accept Jesus, does he excuse or forgive everything you do?

2. profile image0
    ShadowKing!posted 13 years ago

Salvation means the state of being saved. It is a noun based on the root word "save". Keep in mind the literal definitions of "save/salvation" are the same in every language. And for my comment I don't need to quote the Scriptures in full since the "literal definitions" of these 2 words bear the same rendering in Scriptures.
    1. To save someone requires "a physical act" mandating that you "remove" that person from "danger".
    2. To have salvation requires one to be in a "physical state/condition" literally away from any "threat of danger"
    A. Jesus said He will save us FROM sin. Sinning involves "committing an act" therefore one can only "do" something wrong to sin. So if Jesus is going to save (physically remove) us from sin (danger) to do so requires Him to place us in salvation (a physical condition) designed to prevent the dangers of sin from effecting us.
    B. Contrary to popular Christian belief the definition of Salvation, by dictionary or by Bible, will ultimately result in Jesus saving us by granting us a physical transformation into spiritual entities under the moniker "eternal life". As a spirit, possessing the same holy, righteous character as Christ, it will then be impossible for sin to harm us. Thus we are saved by the spirit. Thus we are in a state of salvation--the Kingdom of God.

The Bible says the only unforgivable sin is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. The H.S. is the POWER of God, the power to make things real whether new or altered. Denying this Power after seeing it in action is the unforgivable sin. Because if you deny that Holy Power can change you, then there is NOTHING else God can do for you.
    This is the only way to lose the COMING gift of salvation. At the Great White Throne Judgment it will be offered to the last resurrected people. Refuse it...and get the second death sentence

3. lilypjmom2122 profile image71
    lilypjmom2122posted 13 years ago

No one is perfect and I believe Jesus can forgive us of all sins but we also need to be open to his forgiveness. If we mope around depressed about a serious sin we may have commited than that can possibly lead us into a dispair where our salvation can be diminished but i also believe that once that light has been planted it's very hard to blow out. Life has it's ups and downs but when you find God it's hard to let him go. My faith has been a rocky one but i'm suprised and astonished at how he keeps on presenting himself to me time and time again. Just when i feel like i'm losing my way he does something to let me know he's still there. That keeps my faith going strong.

4. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 13 years ago

Many believe you are saved because you believe. But Yahshua Taught you had to endure till the end
    Matthew 24:13
    "But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved".

By this, he meant that we have to keep the commandments all our lives.
    Matthew 19:16-17
    16. "And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? "
    17." And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments"

Yahshua taught that if you love God you will keep the commandments
    John 15:10
    "If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love"

5. HOOWANTSTONO profile image60
    HOOWANTSTONOposted 13 years ago

Gods purpose was to Redeem man from the punishment of sin, and that would be death, and thereafter not entering into Eternal life.
    Look at what God (Jesus Christ) promises,

1 CORINTHIANS 7;23
    Ye are bought with a price; be ye not servants of men.

EPHESIANS 2:8-10
    For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Rom 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

Rom 8:38-39 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
    Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

God will never leave you or forsake you. So rather let this be uplifting than occasion to sin.

6. preacher2003 profile image61
    preacher2003posted 12 years ago

yes.

if you willingly walk away from Jesus.

if you tempt God by toying with such a great price paid (Jesus)

we stay saved by a daily act of faith and trying to be better than the day before, growing and being sanctified

not by works or deeds can salvation be had, but by exhibiting faith in Jesus -

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)