jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Does life have to have a purpose?

1. MrAungst profile image61
    MrAungstposted 7 years ago

Does life have to have a purpose?

I just would like to know people's opinions for why we're here. I plan on writing a hub on my opinions after I see what everyone responded.

2. profile image0
    Phoebe Pikeposted 7 years ago

It doesn't have to, but some people find it more tolerable if it does. It is easier to set a goal, dream or ambition and try to obtain then to simply go through the emotions with nothing to gain.

3. Apostle Jack profile image61
    Apostle Jackposted 7 years ago

If you wake up in the morning and have no idea what to do
    nor where to go,you have no purpose.
    We each have a purpose in life.We are pieces of many parts that make a whole.Each must have a purpose in order to
    contribute to life.
    I know who i am,why i was born,where i have to go,and what it takes for me to get there.

4. Dorothee-Gy profile image69
    Dorothee-Gyposted 7 years ago

I think, you can have an utterly purposeless life, but it feels that way, too.

Purpose is identical with passion, life-force, enthusiasm, joy, excitement, and if I can choose, I'd always opt for a passionate, forceful, enthusiastic and joyful life experience. I personally don't see much sense in a purposeless existence, so I couldn't get very far with it, but I see around me many, many people who seem to live exactly that way.

5. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 7 years ago

If you are a vegetable or a mineral NO! But as a human of course. How can you ask such a silly question?