jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is a God Fearing Man?.

1. profile image47
    edwwjr1posted 7 years ago

What is a God Fearing Man?.

I would like a answer to this Question in words                                       just like the one you did on women PLEASE It Was Geat !!
    God Bless you all keep up gods work.
                                   WAYNE In Memphis,Tn. U.S.

2. sofs profile image82
    sofsposted 7 years ago

The question should be who is - not what is. The one who fears God and does what his word says is scripturally defined as God fearing.

3. Allan Douglas profile image55
    Allan Douglasposted 7 years ago

A God fearing man is one who recognizes that God is in control of it all and we need to be in tune with His will.  It’s sort of like going cruising on a sail boat.  God may let us steer the boat, but He controls the wind and the waves that make it all work.  He gives us a good bit of latitude in the direction we choose to take, but if we try to sail straight into the wind (i.e. against His will) it just isn't going to work.

4. profile image0
    "How To" Braniacposted 7 years ago

A God fearing man is a man who REVERENCES God as being the Head of every area of his life. It means that He completely surrenders his life and everything that is associated with his life into God's hands. It means that the man is always seeking God's will about His own will. And not only seeking God's will but is obedient to it. Fearing God does NOT mean that the man fears God as in being AFRAID of Him. Fear is a Holy and Sacred Reverence towards God.

V. Imani
    (Ordained Minister)

5. Tusitala Tom profile image65
    Tusitala Tomposted 7 years ago

I think the very word 'fear' causes a lot of consternation.   We are, according to some Christian traditions, both to love God and to fear God.   The two aren't compatible.   You cannot love someone or anything that you fear.   

Where it is said (and my quote could be wrong, because I'm not that familiar with the Christian Bible)  We are to:

"Love thy God with all thy might, with all thy heart and with all thy soul, and thy neigbour as thy self." 

It means, I feel, to put our central focus towards being guided by the god-part of our own selves; that which lies within; the Real us, rather than the ego-conditioning of our thinking.

The god-part of our neigbour is exactly the same AND IS the god-part in us, too.   But we can only perform loving actions at the mental and physical levels.   Hence, love thy neighbour as  thyself.

working