jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Why does it seem that the Catholic Church has more recorded demonic posession th

1. yankeeintexas profile image60
    yankeeintexasposted 7 years ago

Why does it seem that the Catholic Church has more recorded demonic posession that any other group?

2. CkhoffmanK profile image60
    CkhoffmanKposted 7 years ago

Because.. well.. to put it nicely. They're insane.

Remember when even the slightest headache was blamed on demon possession? Yah, something like that

3. schoolgirlforreal profile image82
    schoolgirlforrealposted 7 years ago

because they alone have the power to expel demons like Jesus did.

4. Merlin Fraser profile image77
    Merlin Fraserposted 7 years ago

Think about for it a moment;

It's a power thing, always was and always will be, it gives the priesthood a meaning to their existence.  If you doubt this go and try to live in a RC community and see how much power they excercise and how much they interfere.

I don't believe in God, No Im not an athiest or a sit on the fence agnostic, so therefore in the eyes of the local priest I was possessed by satan and therefore no good Catholic should have anything to do with me in peril of their souls.

5. hanging out profile image56
    hanging outposted 7 years ago

There was a speech where the (then) pope declared the papacy to be above the word of god. That is to say, the definitive definition and proclamation of the word of god is entirely subject to the head of the church of rome. What they had done was to remove the absolutism of the word of god. The word of god had become second place to the papacy of rome.
    So what else is there when one dismisses the word of god?
    Signs and wonders! exactly.
    Recall all those bleeding statues, the fatimas? The RC church is NOT indicative of ALL churches and i thank god for that.

6. modern housewife profile image90
    modern housewifeposted 7 years ago

easy answer! one reason is could be that the Catholic Church believes in real Demon possession.  If one doesn't believe in Demon possession, he/she is highly unlike to report one!  He/she would attribute the experience to another cause.  Second possible reason: the devil spends more energy attacking Catholics!

Howantstono--I am deeply offended by your statement.  With all of the non-christian hate that christians receive, it is sad that you will not focus your energy elsewhere.  Your interpretation of that passage in revelation is not only incorrect, but sadly misguided. 
    The Catholic Church holds the same beliefs as the 1st century christians, who by the way were using the name 'Catholic' by the end of the 1st cent AD because Jesus founded the catholic church.   Your Christian denomination is only about 500 years.  Mine is over 2000 years old.  You can blindly follow what your preacher has decided her interprets scripture to be.  I will gladly listen to the Catholic church who had stood since the time of Christ.

7. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

the catholic church is always looking for ways to justify it's existence and what better way then to come up with things like demonic possesion.

8. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 7 years ago

Maybe because the other denominations fail or refuse to admit to it.

9. Southern_Smiley profile image55
    Southern_Smileyposted 7 years ago

Not to be glib, but I believe there are Pentecostal factions that "heal" several demonic possessions per get-together.

working