jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

who are the two thieves crucified with jesus?

1. profile image45
    marven padasasposted 7 years ago

who are the two thieves crucified with jesus?

2. profile image0
    nomadicasianposted 7 years ago

If I'm not mistaken Vectas and Barabas were the two thieves crucified together with Jesus Christ and only Vectas believed Lord Jesus and asked for his salvation. Barabas wasn't convinced and just ignored Vectas in his belief in Christ Jesus.Thanks.

3. profile image0
    ankigarg87posted 7 years ago

Their names are Dismas and Gestas according to the Gospel of Nicodemas. Dismas, on the right who would meet Y'shua in paradise, and Gestas on the left, who did not believe.

4. profile image0
    Elliott_Tposted 7 years ago

The scriptures do not give their names. Barabbas was not one of the thieves, as he is the one that Pilate released instead of Jesus. Commentators often refer to them simply as the penitent thief and the impenitent thief. This is because one of the thieves remained unrepentant all the way to death while the other acknowledged that he was justly condemned and trusted Jesus Christ to save him from his sins. Christ's reply to him was "Today thou shalt be with me in Paradise", meaning he had forgiven the penitent thief's sins and would take him to heaven with Him.

5. profile image52
    fallsfellaposted 7 years ago

Great answer Elliot_T and the correct one.  Nowhere in the Bible are the names of the two theives named and that is the way God wanted it, their names are not the important ones, the name of Jesus Christ is the only important name in that instance and in all others.  And before you ask, yes I do know what I am talking about as I have studied the Bible for years and that is why I hold a Master degree in Theology.

working