jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do Christians explain the many various evolutionary changes that have taken

1. greengypsywolf1 profile image58
    greengypsywolf1posted 7 years ago

How do Christians explain the many various evolutionary changes that have taken place in humankind.

There is no denying that a direct chain (minus a few "links") of ever advancing humanoids leading up to modern man, so how can that fit into the Biblical view?

2. PastorAndrew profile image80
    PastorAndrewposted 7 years ago

The answer to that question has to be given in two steps.  First, you have to identify which type of evolution you are referring to.  If you mean micro evolution (change within a species), the answer is easy. 

God designed changes with in the human genome.  He intended for red hair and blond, brown and gray.  Haven't you heard the song, "Red and Yellow, Black and White. . . They are precious in His sight.  Jesus loves the little children of the world."  No matter if you are big small, fat or tall, we are all still humans.  Micro evolution is something that God made because He loves variety.

If you are talking about Macro evolution (Change between species), the answer is even more easy.  There has never been any evidence of humans coming from anything but a human parent.  There is simply never been any Macro evolution. 

Neanderthal was not a lesser link.  His brain case is larger than ours.  He is just human with big brow ridges.  Incidentally, did you know that brow ridges continue to protrude with age.  Neanderthal was an old guy with a big brain.

As far as the other "links" that have been complete hoaxes or have disappeared with no evidence left, they were not human.

Evolutionists need to explain why they will not even consider a fair academic debate on why there is certainly as much evidence against Macro Evolution as there is for it.  Ever seen the documentary "Expelled"?  I would love to see you explain that.

3. greengypsywolf1 profile image58
    greengypsywolf1posted 7 years ago

@PastorAndrew: I was speaking of Macro, as evidenced by my speaking ape evolving into man.
    As for Neanderthal man; an old man with a large brain, really? First of all there is very little difference in the size of any two humans brains (there is little need evolutionirly speaking, since brains size doesnt seem to correlate with intelligence), so what would be the cause of such an abnormaly large brain?
    And what of the differences in bone mass? Or what of bone size? Posture? Longer, more apelike arm?
    So, your saying that he was a abnormaly large, muscular, long limbed, broad boned, big brained, old man?
    As for expelled, I have seen it; I will comment on it when I have gotten a chance to look.

4. LeslieAdrienne profile image77
    LeslieAdrienneposted 7 years ago

I think the changes are a result of McDonald's Happy Meals.

5. topgunjager profile image60
    topgunjagerposted 7 years ago

I don't know, but I'm sure all the answers your going to get from christians are answers to justify their beliefs and not actual facts, we have science to thank for pretty much everything we have in this day and age, no more reason to believe in talking snakes, the virgin birth, a man living inside a whale and water turning into wine=)

Closed to reply

working