Why is it that people find it so hard to believe in the LORD?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (15 posts)
  1. Blessitbe profile image59
    Blessitbeposted 13 years ago

Why is it that people find it so hard to believe in the LORD?

Don’t we have proof that he existed through out times, from ancient Jewish religious, Christians & Islam, throughout all walks of life?

2. Mr. Thinktank profile image68
    Mr. Thinktankposted 13 years ago

Well there is proof that jesus christ walked the earth (through multiple historic records), but we don't have historical records (except for the bible) that he performed miracles. For that people have to rely on the bible and faith and not all people necessarily believe the same kind of things.

3. Donna Janelle profile image68
    Donna Janelleposted 13 years ago

I think it's not so much that people have a hard time believing that he existed; believing that he was actually THE Son of God is what I think many people have a hard time believing, because they cannot prove it. Many people do not believe in things that they can't prove or see. You have to have faith. There is a difference between believing that he existed, and believing IN him.

4. womenintouch profile image59
    womenintouchposted 13 years ago

People know that God exist they do not want to follow the rules of the bible. when People say they do not believe they are not bieng truthful. These are the same people who would ask you to pray for them when a storm comes in their life.

People believe what they want to believe even if they have not really seen it ; yet they breath the very air that God created yet they can not see the air.

I think that one day the very people who say they do not believe will show you how much they really do; you be the light that leads the way

5. tom_caton profile image77
    tom_catonposted 13 years ago

From a personal point of view (and speaking as the only replier so far who doesn't believe), I believe in a man called yeshua existed, and had some great ideas, that were totally corrupted over time. Personally I think he got most of his ideas from Buddhism (there is evidence to suggest he spent time in India, before coming back to his homeland with wonderful ideas).

I don't think he was the son of god, I think that calling him the son of god after he died was the easiest way to bring other Jews into the Christian sect (as it was literally just another branch of Judaism for quite some time after his death, in the same way that within Christianity there exists Protestants and Catholics, etc).

For that matter I don't believe in god in the sense that there is a supernatural (or godlike) entity or being out there that created us, or in fact has anything to do with us, except perhaps occasionally by accident.

I don't seek to offend by the way, just giving a personal answer to a question that I can answer, being one of the people you speak of

6. krishubpages123 profile image35
    krishubpages123posted 13 years ago

Even though God is there, most of them do not want to reveal it in their life,if something goes wrong or bad, then they will call them up...

7. phiphi profile image60
    phiphiposted 13 years ago

People know that God exist they do not want to follow the rules of the bible. when People say they do not believe they are not bieng truthful. These are the same people who would ask you to pray for them when a storm comes in their life.
    Many people do not believe in things that they can't prove or see. You have to have faith. There is a difference between believing that he existed, and believing IN him.

8. cascoly profile image60
    cascolyposted 13 years ago

rafken says

>>>Some people just refuse to believe, what they can't see. I think that people who say they do not believe in a God are lying.
    >>>

really nice rafken - calling others liars if they don't conform to your belief system.  you know NOTHING about me or many other unbelievers

i'm open minded, but see no evidence FOR a god [and plenty of evidence against one].  i'd ratther trust what can be verified

9. georgiecarlos profile image61
    georgiecarlosposted 13 years ago

First, I want to say I am not out to offend anyone, just want to share my thoughts.

In my opinion, I think it's somewhat ironic when one says he doesn't believe in God when, upon saying that, acknowledges God (or at least a higher being) exists. However, I understand that it can be difficult for a lot of people to believe in something that does not really affect one directly. In fact, most of the things we consider truth is because we directly experience it with our senses.

However, I hope people wouldn't mind if I share some reasons why I believe in God. One is that, for me, there is no possible logical explanation how everything came to be. Yes, there was the big bang and all those stuff, but how did it begin? And how can all of these things come to be out of nothing? Another is the wonders of the human body. When I think of how my body works, it amazes me and thinks how in the world am I able to do these things. When I do a certain action, it is "being moved" by mu muscles, which is affected by the nerves, cells, the brain etc. But then, I think, what comes before the brain? The nerves? The neurotransmitters?

I guess what I am trying to say is that for me, God is the logical answer with regards to life, and am sure those who believe or don't believe have their own logical answers too  smile

10. ladyjojo profile image61
    ladyjojoposted 13 years ago

Yes we do have lots of proof , but i believe modern technology and science has drift the world alot from Christ. Scientist proclaims that they know almost every living thing so they have become people Gods. There are many thing in this world that cannot be controlled by science or any man e.g.

Storms
    Earthquakes
    Rain
    Avalanche
    Global warming
    Sun
    Moon
    Time etc

so therefore we know there must be a higher power than our natural beings. Help comes out of know where for us when we have turned everywhere but there is an all seeing eye watching and an ear hearing us. Another thing is people are blinded by the lust and pleasures of this world they hardly have time to NOTICE their GOD. Satan have alot of mediums  music, movies, people , atheist etc that do all kinds of things to shade people from seeing Christ. Comes like when you are a christian you are hardly recognize. But do something naughty or dirty you gain popularity

11. Jaggedfrost profile image60
    Jaggedfrostposted 13 years ago

That which people haven't seen they chose to disbelieve.  It doesn't help that there were not computers, cameras, fax machines or carbon copies to make every witness of every event exactly the same.  It is also hard on people who excuse themselves due to these problems to understand why the various witnesses that are recorded didn't compare notes and copy from each other's work that which their own work was missing.

http://hubpages.com/hub/An-Exercise-in- … s-Futility

12. Victress In All profile image69
    Victress In Allposted 13 years ago

I just updated my profile with this quote, that I think could apply to the question posted here:

“Only in a world where faith is difficult can faith exist.  Bible describes God as hidden God.  You have to make an effort of faith to find him.  There are clues you can follow.  And if that weren’t so, if there were something more or less than clues, it’s difficult for me to understand how we could really be free to make a choice about him.  If we had absolute proof instead of clues, then you could no more deny God than you could deny the sun.  If we had no evidence at all, you could never get there.  God gives us just enough evidence so that those who want him can find him.” (Lee Strobel, The Case For Faith)

It all depends where people are looking and what they are looking for.  As Ladyjojo pointed out, some people in their lustful pursuit for riches, pleasures, popularity try to cover up their behaviors, making convenient excuses.  Others allow bitterness to root deeply in their hearts, which prevents them from seeing the evidence of God's existence. 

I see no point in arguing with such people, since this will only take away our precious time.  The great Commission we have is to tell about Jesus to those who seek the truth.  Other time should be spent by believers on getting ready for Jesus' second coming. A close personal relationship with a Savior is so much more important than an argument won.

13. profile image0
    Ella_90posted 13 years ago

I think it's hard for anyone to believe in anything where it's purely just about having faith and there's no physical prove. Especially in today's age of science where so much can be proved. Yes I believe we have proof that Jesus was alive at some point, but we don't have proof that he was the son of God or that he did any of the things he's credited with, the only thing that mentions that is the bible which was just written by a couple of men with no proof and could very easily just be stories they came up with, if so they came up with the best joke in the world and if there is a heaven there up there laughing saying can you believe they bought all that and still believe it.

14. profile image0
    Antoine Van Hoveposted 13 years ago

I think most people believe and are religious.
    The problem they meet is that all ways in which "THE DEVINE" is presented to them, is limited by their nature.

That which you call "THE LORD" is most of the time a concept, filled with all kind of projections of that which can probably not be really explained in any way.

Because those concepts, those through time developped ideas about THE DEVINE, which are for ages only passed through by meanings of traditions and conditionings, has become a credo that has to be accepted.

If it has to be accepted, under social pressure, or whatever, it cannot be or become, the lively, love filled experience people are really looking for.

That way looked upon, people dont turn away from GOD, or THE DEVINE, or whatever you may call it. They just turn their back on that which is presented to them, because they feel it is incomplete.

Beside all that: The question implies that "GOD", is some sort of a concept that exists outside ourselves, and is therefore to be found "somewhere else", be it on the outside in the form of heaven and earth.

This, while all religiosity, (as not religion, which is something completely different!) starts with a deep feeling inside?

So where do we have to start looking for THE DEVINE then?

15. swb78 profile image59
    swb78posted 13 years ago

People do not like to be accountable if they have a choice. In most religions there is a vagueness about how one can live or in the moral codes of the sect. Christ said " No one gets to the father except through me"  this is a hard thing for those who don`t like accountability to hear. I am sure there are other reasons, but I am sure this one exists as well.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)