jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

if jesus is god and god is all knowing why did he tell his apostles he did not k

1. profile image47
    larrythegreat1posted 7 years ago

if jesus is god and god is all knowing why did he tell his apostles he did not know when the end...

of time was. he obviosly knows when it is so why tell (in mark's gospel when asked about it) his discilpes as to that day no one knows it, not the angels nor even the son, but only the father. didn't he tell phillip when asked to show him the father that he who has seen me has seen the fahter. the father is in me and i in him. all that the father has is mine, which would include when the end of time is, and all that i have is the fathers. so why tell the disciples he didn't know when the end of time is?

2. profile image0
    DrDeanCrosbyposted 7 years ago

Jesus is the Son of God or "the Father".He does have the qualities of His Father( "who has seen Me has seen the Father") but at the time He was on earth,He had not yet been given the date of the Rapture.It was 2,000 years before the event you know !

3. dabeaner profile image55
    dabeanerposted 7 years ago

Just one of the contradictions that stupidity leads to...

4. HOOWANTSTONO profile image58
    HOOWANTSTONOposted 7 years ago

You have your quotes all wrong. Jesus told us when the end of time was, and will be, you just need to study the bible diligently.
    Many confuse the words "End of time" and "Time of the end"

Rev 20:15  And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Rev 21:1  And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

approx 1000yrs to go

5. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

the reason this isn't in the bible is simple. when it didn't happen it would prove how much of a hoax the word of god is and religion as it is would be in deep trouble. you can say have faith in god all you want but if he gives a acurate prediction and it doesn't happen , well faith kind of kicks you in the butt.