jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

God loves us unconditionally, then why do religions create conditions for salvat

1. Thesource profile image80
    Thesourceposted 7 years ago

God loves us unconditionally, then why do religions create conditions for salvation?

2. graveyard-rose profile image81
    graveyard-roseposted 7 years ago

There are so many religions that take ONE book and bend it to serve them. Thats why I do not agree in organized religion, but I do believe in the ONE god that they ALL follow.

3. C.V.Rajan profile image78
    C.V.Rajanposted 7 years ago

For us to understand that God truly loves us unconditionally, we should be in a position to grasp that even the intolerable sufferings that we may undergo in life are given by God as part of his love package. If we are mature enough to grasp that, then we need not be bound by religions' conditions for salvation.

4. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 7 years ago

Because that way, they get and hold power.

5. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

religion is about control. it's that simple. they have taken a myth and made it into a way to control others. as for god loving us unconditionaly , if he exists then you've got to be kidding.

6. lindajot profile image71
    lindajotposted 7 years ago

Human stupidity.  Whatever your religion - know it, believe it - live it

7. slock62 profile image75
    slock62posted 7 years ago

Before there is belief there must be conditions that define that belief. They do not necessarily need to be true but simply must have agreement to make it so.
    So therefore I want to create a set of stipulations and set a condition that if you will do so and so then you are acceptable but if you do not agree then you are not acceptable.
    So if you agree and then together we can get others to also agree then we set up a dogma (a collective belief held by a particular group) and that dogma is the story that forms a church and churches grow to form religions.
    When we don't have all the answers some make up their own story to explain what they can never begin to understand.
    So who do you listen to? False prophets or do you listen to the still small voice that lives in the silence?