jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Does a religious doctrine matter or your own personal relationship with Christ t

1. Sundaymoments profile image76
    Sundaymomentsposted 7 years ago

Does a religious doctrine matter or your own personal relationship with Christ that matters?

As a believer I hear one religious leader speak against another religious leaders belief or doctrine! I thought it was the personal relationship with Christ that matthers, what do you think..

2. Blessitbe profile image59
    Blessitbeposted 7 years ago

I belief it is your own personal relationship with God that matters.

3. Thesource profile image81
    Thesourceposted 7 years ago

Ever since the First Council of Nicaea in the 325 AD, the Church declared who Christ was and any other interpretation of Christ was not allowed. Any one who truly believe otherwise was cruelly put death. Even other Christian elders at the Council of Nicaea were killed as they had a different view. Eventually thousands were burnt to the stake.
    Scientists like Galileo, Copernicus and Newton lived in fear from the Church.

I do believe Christ would like us to know the truth about him. I therefore do not accept the authority or credibility of such institutions telling me about God and Jesus. Surely, some of their information is right but not all. I believe I have a great relationship with Jesus and God without them interfering.

4. Jason2917 profile image60
    Jason2917posted 7 years ago

Your personal relationship with Christ is most important, e.g., your faith in Him.

However, keep in mind that Church leaders are shepherds--they are appointed by God to watch over the flock to which God has entrusted them (Acts 20:28). I cannot speak for or defend a specific leader or leaders that you might be referring to, but many good pastors feel a holy jealousy for the people they tend to and want to protect them from destructive teaching.

A good leader will want nothing more than to lead you into a closer, more fruitful relationship with Jesus and sometimes part of that job is done by denouncing heresy.

Closed to reply

working