Is it for the fear of death that we well come Christmas to please the all powerf

1. H P Roychoudhury profile image48
    H P Roychoudhuryposted 7 years ago

Is it for the fear of death that we well come Christmas to please the all powerful Jesus, the God?

2. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 7 years ago

No, we like the partying, food, and presents, basically, all the Pagan aspects of the mid-winter festival.  During the mid 4th century a failing Christian church moved Christmas from late March to link with the mid-winter celebrations, 'oh, your Sun King was born on this day, so was ours.'

3. vocalcoach profile image95
    vocalcoachposted 7 years ago

I have lived a very long time and both made mistakes and achieved great things. I have experienced joy and the deepest type of pain. I have learned that one of the best feelings a person can have is through the joy of unselfishley giving to another person. This is not meant to be just at Christmastime to please God, but it is a way of giving all year long, year after year. Through Jesus, and His example of how we should live and treat others, Christmas is a time we can all come together and celebrate His birth, goodness, courage and righteousness.
    Death has nothing to do with it. Pleasing Jesus, the Son of God, is not the point. Don't we celebrate our own birth?  Why not celebrate one special day of the year as His birthday.
    The message is to love one another and our selves as well.
    Never do we feel more love for our selves than through serving someone else.

Thank you for your question. My response is my own feeling based on what I have experienced through my own truth.

Bless you, my friend.

working