jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Did you have an imaginary friend growing up? Not that you remember but what you

1. kylekandrew profile image58
    kylekandrewposted 7 years ago

Did you have an imaginary friend growing up? Not that you remember but what you have heard, and...

if so, do you believe in ghosts?

2. Druid Dude profile image61
    Druid Dudeposted 7 years ago

I believe we have an angel on each shoulder, and one standing behind us. Never had an imaginary friend. Even an imaginary one is still a friend, so how then is it imaginary?

3. kookoo88 profile image60
    kookoo88posted 7 years ago

I didn't have one growing up, but I have lots of emo bunny friends now, but they're not imaginary, I am. smile

Yes, I believe in ghosts.  The question is: do ghosts believe in me?

4. techygran profile image92
    techygranposted 5 years ago

Yes, I did have an imaginary friend when I was small.  I have vague recollections (or they may just be based on what I was told by my parents).  The friend's name was "Bucky Shadow" based on the folk song/rhyme, "Bobby Shaftoe went to sea, Silver buckles on his knee, He'll come back and marry me, Pretty Bobby Shaftoe" (or something like that).  I was an only child at the time, and quite lonely for the company of other children.  We lived in a suburb of Vancouver.  One day I told my father he couldn't use the bathroom because "Bucky Shaftoe is on the toilet" (of course this story has had a long shelf-life). 

Another time I followed a little boy home and recall being brought back in a police car.  I apparently gave the little boy my new stocking cap, just to be his friend, I imagine. And I don't imagine my parents were too distressed about the given-away cap, although it seemed to come up quite a lot as I grew up.  I remember that he had a maid who looked just like "Aunt Jemima" on the pancake package in that she was West Indian and had a kerchief like Aunt Jemima on.  I can't remember how Bucky Shaftoe figures into that story, sorry.

1. techygran profile image92
      techygranposted 5 years agoin reply to this

oh, and I believe that 'ghosts' are evil manifestations meant to take our attention away from the path our Creator would have us follow.

working