jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How does one know which religion is the truth?

1. Emily40 profile image61
    Emily40posted 7 years ago

How does one know which religion is the truth?

2. Buffoon profile image80
    Buffoonposted 7 years ago

You're kidding with this question, aren't you? Yes you are, oh my, what a bag of giggles!

3. Gary Hayes profile image61
    Gary Hayesposted 7 years ago

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful."-Seneca

"All religions are founded on the fear of the many and the cleverness of the few."-Stendhal

4. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 7 years ago

How can we search for truth in myths and legends.

5. peterxdunn profile image58
    peterxdunnposted 7 years ago

Dear Emily40

I'm afraid your question contains a fatal flaw - you used the words 'religion' and 'truth' in the same sentence. The one has never had anything to do with the other. Nor will they ever.

6. Merlin Fraser profile image79
    Merlin Fraserposted 7 years ago

No Religion is true...

Religion is 100% man made and all about power, power to control the minds of the masses.

Look closer at the subject, Who makes the Rules ? Who dishes out the punishment ?

It is a source of great wonderment to me how so many people in the 21st century are still gullible enough to still believe in it.

7. Austinstar profile image88
    Austinstarposted 7 years ago

You must be true to your self and believe in your own power of thinking. Does an animal have a God? Does an animal need one? We are thinking animals and we do not need an invisible "being" in the sky. We need the power of our own brains, and that is the truth.
    If someone is trying to sell you on "heaven" or "hell" to get you to believe in something, well, just think about it. You have to die to achieve either one, so they are just messing with your brain.

Closed to reply