jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you identify with your thoughts?

1. maticmagister profile image58
    maticmagisterposted 7 years ago

Do you identify with your thoughts?

2. tnderhrt23 profile image75
    tnderhrt23posted 7 years ago

Hmmmm....interesting question! Sometimes I do, sometimes not...My thoughts can be off the wall at times...

3. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 7 years ago

Your thoughts are your identity.

4. Lisa HW profile image71
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

I make my thoughts.  In fact, I work pretty hard at making them thoughts that I like and agree with.  As a result, I see my thoughts as something I've created.  To me, they aren't separate beings or ideas that I can choose to identify with or not.  They're mine.  I came up with them.  I'm in charge of my thoughts, tend to like them, but try to fix them if I think they seem wrong.

5. profile image0
    jasper420posted 7 years ago

I try to but i rleized trying to identfy with all thoughts makes you go crazy

6. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

II think if I didn't I would be classified as schizophrenic.

I've been to a shrink.  He assured me I was quite sane, and just a bit anxious because of my high intelligence level.  But definitely sane.

7. fucsia profile image60
    fucsiaposted 7 years ago

Our thoughts arise from us and are in constantly change... Maybe the answer is no...

8. sonia05 profile image61
    sonia05posted 7 years ago

Our thoughts make our personality. They determine the kind of human beings we are.However,all of us have positive and negative thoughts and it is important for us to filter them so that the undesired and negative thoughts are washed out from our consciousness like harmful toxins which can create a havoc if harboured!

working