jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

thou shelt not honor any other Gods.....I wrote about this commandment in one of

1. Darlene Sabella profile image58
    Darlene Sabellaposted 7 years ago

thou shelt not honor any other Gods.....I wrote about this commandment in one of my blogs this is

I am a decorator, and in my home it has a southwestern flare along with asian.  I have a copper small Budda next to my ocrhad plant it gives tha nice flare of asian.  I lady came over and told me I must remove this ameditly or I will keep have bad things happen to me.  I said you nuts, I have my rosery, my cross and Jesus in my home,  Yet, this person believes that I am honoring that decoration.  Now, I'm not a saint but this is not about that, I want to answer this person in the proper manner

2. profile image0
    AKA Winstonposted 7 years ago

A proper reply would be: F@#K OFF, Witch-lady!  When I want to decorate with "it's none of your business", I'll look you up for advice.

3. Darlene Sabella profile image58
    Darlene Sabellaposted 7 years ago

Oh I love you, they are so devote I would kill those old farts if I said that, but in my own way I have. However. I kept telling her, don;t bring this up I do not want  to be saved I am saved.  This is not something I pary to"Mr. Budda is not on an alter with flowers water and candles.   ....get a grip lady,thank you friend...darski

4. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

tell her to get a life. a decoration is just that plus since when did anything actually cause good or bad luck. religion hmmmm

5. tysanders profile image60
    tysandersposted 7 years ago

I would tell her that her comments are offensive and that you are not confused about who you serve. Where you understand her concern, you find her comments about her lack of knowledge on the decorations in your home to come off as a little disrespectful. Another thing that seems to work is using analogies to make her see that she may have things in her home that could be misunderstood as idoltry as well and give examples. Usually after using this tactic people begin to think differently and open their minds.

Closed to reply

working