jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is the mystery surrounding 2012?

1. Cory J. Clark profile image61
    Cory J. Clarkposted 7 years ago

What is the mystery surrounding 2012?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4504887_f260.jpg

2. Merlin Fraser profile image78
    Merlin Fraserposted 7 years ago

There is no mystery really it just happens to be the latest date from the Doom Sayers for the World to End.

I suppose if they keep saying it for long enough one day they will be right.

The year will only be 2012  if you are a Christian because they have tried ( a few times) to back calculate as to when Jesus was born.

I think the latest guess is 6 BC which makes this year 2017 not 2011  so if the world ended in 2012.... We missed It.

As for the tosh about the Mayan Calendar ending in 2012 the Mayan's and the Christian's never met so the chances of it being the same year as next year are Zero...

So I would'n worry about it and just get on with life and enjoy it.

PS  Just in case you don't believe me I don't advise running up a huge Credit Card  bill with the expectancy you won't have to pay it in 2013....

3. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 7 years ago

The mystery to me is why so many people keep wittering on about it.

4. Loveslove profile image58
    Lovesloveposted 7 years ago

They keep wittering on about it because they are brainwashed idiots.....I can remember at least 3 times in my lifetime when the world was going to end..Im still here at 63 and i expect to still be here in 2013 !!

5. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 7 years ago

Nothing it will be another year just like this one, no difference.

6. someonewhoknows profile image74
    someonewhoknowsposted 7 years ago

Whatever happens whether it's manmade or natural,,it's always a good idea to try to be prepared for the worst if possible and at the same time expect the best. You can't go wrong with that attitude.

Closed to reply

working