jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Are you a true Christian?

1. bturn12 profile image58
    bturn12posted 7 years ago

Are you a true Christian?

2. Ur Anaite profile image57
    Ur Anaiteposted 7 years ago

What exactly is a true Christian anyway? In any context it's a tough question, for example I can tell after meeting someone claiming to be a witch if they are or are not, but there is no check list to determine it. Can anyone other than a faithful priest tell if someone is a true Christian or not?

Even people who truthfully believe they are, the easiest person to lie to is yourself, and who are you to decide what it is to be a true christian anyway? Heretical it is for the layman declare a divine understanding of your lords ways.

3. MarieAlice profile image77
    MarieAliceposted 7 years ago

4. Hmtrio2 profile image79
    Hmtrio2posted 7 years ago

Indeed: I believe in the Lord Jesus Christ: He died and rose from the dead. I have accepted him into my life.

Indeed: I believe all things are possible. I do not deny the power of God.

5. The Ponderer profile image61
    The Pondererposted 7 years ago

No - I think Jesus existed but Christianity and God are made by men. Check my hubs for an interview with the man himself.

6. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 7 years ago

I know GOD and walk with GOD moment by moment. On August 1, !982 A.D. a Sunday morning GOD in a vision shown me the other side of death. It is glorious.

7. arb profile image80
    arbposted 7 years ago

Before reading the answers, I suspected some would ask, what is a true Christian? Quiet simply, a follower of Christ. As to how one would recognise a true Christian, the sheperd knows His sheep and as long as He knows me, I am content. Not everyone who calls my name belongs to me, but he who does the will of the Father. The will of the Father is to beleive in His Son.

8. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 7 years ago

I am a Christian thus I am also spiritual and I do my best to live my humanness as taught by Jesus  Christ.

9. ShevaStreet profile image56
    ShevaStreetposted 7 years ago

"Am I a true Christian?" My answer would be: But what really is Christianity? The Messiah of the Scriptures did not start Christianity, and the Apostles and early believers in the book of Acts we read about in the Scriptures, did not practice Christianity. So what is Christianity and who started it?
    Here is a quote, which describes it more fully:

Christianity - a word not found in the Scriptures, nor any concordance; yet, it is used as a label for a religion supposedly founded by the Hebrew Messiah. Tradition has given the Hebrew Messiah a Greek name, yet He was only known as “Yahushua” to His pupils. The sect He founded was really called “Natsarim” (Acts 24:5), and it is a special first fruits group within ISRAEL, the wife of Yahuah. The true way is the Torah of Yahuah.

Christianity’s customs embrace Babylonian, Egyptian, Greek, and Roman patterns that most people are unaware of.

If our religious behavior, customs, and symbols are derived from former Pagan cultures, and are reinvented to blend into one huge pattern of deception, wouldn’t you like to know about it?  Can we actually find the religion of Christianity as we know it today in the Scriptures at all?
    The religion known as Catholicism is literally a fusion of various Pagan religions, primarily the Roman Empire’s worship of MITHRAS. Constantine’s hybrid, Catholicism (Latin, universalism), blended elements of Mithraism and the true faith in the Torah of Yahuah together.

The first “protestants” were all Catholics, and they brought out most of the elements of this hybrid religion with them. .
    CHRISTIAN : A Greek term, originally used as a title by Pagans:
    Worshippers of Serapis were called “Christians”.

The question that begs to be asked is the following:

"What would a bunch of Israelites that practice the Torah of YHWH and follow a Yahudi Messiah be doing with a Greek term used by Pagans as a label for themselves?"   Is the Creator’s Name Greek?

Read more at fossilizedcustoms.com

10. Variety Writer profile image61
    Variety Writerposted 7 years ago

Is there even such a thing as a true Christian. I have yet to meet one. I just try to be the best I can be and try not to put a label on it.