jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?

1. Jangaplanet profile image77
    Jangaplanetposted 7 years ago

To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?

2. Vinodkpillai profile image79
    Vinodkpillaiposted 7 years ago

It's difficult to say but if I have to, I would say fifty percent. I love to control the course myself but realise that this is not possible for an individual all the time. Also, it's true that there were many occasions when the current was too strong for me to have my way. To add to the confusion, when I look back at some of the instances long ago when I clearly controlled the course of my life,  I now get the feeling that although I thought I was controlling the course, I was actually being used as an instrument to shape it that way.

3. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

i think almost completely. i realise some things are beyond my control, but i have rarely backed down from anything i believed in and i tend to go full speed ahead to get to where i want to go.

4. Vicki.Pierce profile image72
    Vicki.Pierceposted 7 years ago

I believe that every decision we make every day has the potential to change the  course of our lives. 

Example: Even the most simple choice of deciding to take a different route to get to the grocery store - you never know if you avoided an accident by doing so or will end up in the middle of a crash by doing so.

5. philirodje profile image61
    philirodjeposted 7 years ago

I wouldn't say, i have tried my best in life to always do what i want in time and achieve my goal in life but somehow, things don't always go as planned.
    I cant really say to what degree i have controlled the course my life has taken  but as a christian, i believe in the power of prayer .
    with God all things are possible.

6. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

I have pretty much gone along with the wave.  Very little planning and at my age, 59, I now wish I had taken more control. I have a lovely, functional family, but wish I had personally accomplished more.

7. Claudin_Dayo profile image60
    Claudin_Dayoposted 7 years ago

I really don't know but Im so sure with this: that the Lord had been with me no matter what.. . I may be responsible for what and who I am today but everything in life ,be it a mistake or success, has it's own purpose .. The Lord will always be my partner in everything smile

working