jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you sometimes doubt God's love?

1. winepress profile image57
    winepressposted 7 years ago

Do you sometimes doubt God's love?

2. Missing Link profile image80
    Missing Linkposted 7 years ago

I think doubts are normal from time to time.  Even the most faithful people, I believe, have doubts on occasion.  I believe there are some memoirs, etc. where even Mother Theresa, on rare occasion, had doubts. 

The apostle Thomas is nicknamed Doubting Thomas because he did not, at first, believe it was the risen Christ.   However, after he stuck his hands into Christ's crucifixtion wounds he believed and his faith was complete. 

I don't doubt God's love per se but wonder about things like-- when lots of children die in a mudslide in the Philippines because their school gets buried...or something like that---I wonder why God allows that to happen.

3. arb profile image80
    arbposted 7 years ago

Never, ever! It is my only constant, I do, however, get so busy, with  myself, that I fail to embrace it.

4. Born Again 05 profile image81
    Born Again 05posted 7 years ago

Never...not even for a moment! "God SO loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16  And consider this, "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 6:8  I could never doubt His love at all nor will I ever stop loving Him!