jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do you know if you are really married in God's eyes?

1. ii3rittles profile image82
    ii3rittlesposted 7 years ago

How do you know if you are really married in God's eyes?

I am aware of what the bible says about marriage but I am not aware of how a marriage is suppose to happen, according to God. Marriage today is not so much about two people's love as it is about their wallets. I know that God didn't intend marriage to be threw the State or threw Law (not the worlds law,anyway) so how do two people get married the way God wants them too?

2. Jangaplanet profile image77
    Jangaplanetposted 7 years ago

If destiny brought you together , even if it was not a good marriage , it was still Gods will. Destiny to learn something.

3. RichardSpeaks profile image80
    RichardSpeaksposted 7 years ago

Biblical marriage goes according to the Torah. A man shall have one wife. And according to the New Testament, the wife shall be in subjection to her husband and he shall rule over her.

In the Hebrew Bible and in Jewish tradition, the marriage is performed by a rabbi. In the New Testament, until the time of Paul, marriage was still under Jewish custom. It was only changed by early church leaders and gradually came to be what it is today over many centuries.

The civil culture has a vested interest in marriage. It is seen as a cementing of society.

4. Glen619 profile image57
    Glen619posted 7 years ago

You should know what the church says about marriage in the various documents and councils they have approved the latest being the II Vatican Council.

working