jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Fortune and Justice.

1. wingedcentaur profile image82
    wingedcentaurposted 7 years ago

Fortune and Justice.

In the novel The Godfather by Mario Puzo, the author quotes a line from Balzac: "Behind every great fortune lies a crime." Do you think this is true or false? And why?

2. arb profile image80
    arbposted 7 years ago

False) Criminals will embrace it, the wealthy will refute it and we look at both with reservation. Every fortune made from ill, another made with honest will. If the statement were true, then there are a lot of us on the road to crime. Will we meet the test, we can not escape it. Meeting it, some will dance and some will go back to work.

3. Georgie98 profile image75
    Georgie98posted 7 years ago

It would depend on how you defined fortune.
    For example: I have had the great fortune of cheating death for 22 years, but I haven't committed any crimes.

I also have the great fortune of having a fair amount of money in my account each month.  However, I am disabled and on benefits and have committed no crimes to get it!

So unless it is a literal effect, then no, I think this is false!

4. sunnyjanet profile image54
    sunnyjanetposted 7 years ago

True why bec the devil will give everything you desire in return you get sorrow.whn the devil gives u somthing he is takening away from someone else.This is the devil world we are living in do right by god and he will give you and your family in do time never rush just pray he is listing  2 u always even if you think he is not he just wants to knw that you really belive in him. the devil wants you to think that he is all you have NO GOD IS GREAT HE IS WHO YOU CALL ON AND YOU WONT BE DISAPPONTIED HE ASK NOTHING IN RETURN ONLY DO RIGHT BY HIM AND TO LOVE HIM AND TO SPEAK HIS WORD. GOD BLESS.

5. saanj H profile image76
    saanj Hposted 7 years ago

I dont think that this statement stands true. There are so many success stories that we come across in our daily lives. but all of them have not been achieved by relying on a crime.