WHAT IS TRUTH? TRUTH SEEKERS WELCOME

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 68 discussions (291 posts)
  1. quietnessandtrust profile image60
    quietnessandtrustposted 14 years ago

ANSWERS?

1. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"Behold but one in all things, It is the second that leads you astray." Kabir

2. andromida profile image56
      andromidaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

truth is a circle whose circumference is full of  real facts.It up to you to fill up your circumferences with different real facts.

3. anjalichugh profile image67
      anjalichughposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Who knows what is 'Truth'. All of us have our individual connotations and we like to hold on to them while attempting to prove others wrong. Who knows what is right and what is wrong! Its all a human perception which again is nothing but an illusion.

quietnessandtrustposted 14 years agoin reply to this

THE TRUTH is not human, has no illusion, sees all things, knows all things, reveals all things.

THE REAL TRUTH has NOTHING to do with "YOUR" individual connotations because HE dwells far above them and does not receive consulting from any creature. HE IS ALL WISE and ALL POWERFUL.

Human perception is an illusion, THE TRUTH does NOT perceive as they do, HE discerns all things and cannot be fooled. smile

"who knows what the TRUTH is?"  THE WORDS OF GOD ARE THE TRUTH. The MIND of Messiah speak HIS WORDS and HE gives that mind to HIS people to speak HIS TRUTH.

The Word was first,
        The Word was before time began
        The Word present to God
        God was present to the Word.
        The Word was God,
        in readiness for God from day one.

Everything was created through him;
        nothing—not one thing!—
        came into being without him.
        What came into existence was Life,
        and the Life was Light to live by.
        The Life-Light shines the darkness;
        the darkness cannot put it out.

2. Paraglider profile image87
    Paragliderposted 14 years ago

Did you start this thread because to want to consider others' views or because you want to tell us the answer?

1. RooBee profile image82
      RooBeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Now you know the answer to that, don't you - the TRUTH, if you will. smile

2. quietnessandtrust profile image60

Your point of view is welcome big_smile

What is truth?

1. Paraglider profile image87
        Paragliderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

OK. Within tautological fields (like arithmetic) truth by definition is that which can be proven true by the fundamental axioms.

In metaphysical fields there is no proof of truth. People make statements (e.g. SirDent's statement above) that are expressions of faith. As such, they may or may not be true. No-one can tell.

In scientific areas, we don't deal with truth. We proceed by falsification. That which cannot (yet) be falsified might be true, but there is no need to believe it. Just use it if it's useful until it is replaced by a better approximation.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
          Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Exactly

2. Misha profile image63
          Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

As I keep saying over and over again, 1+1 does not always equal 2. Therefore those are not absolute truths either. smile

1. aka-dj profile image65
            aka-djposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What universe is that in?
            Try convincing the banks or the tax office! big_smile

Sorry Misha - 'within a tautological field' there is absolute truth by definition, but the operative word is 'within'. No-one is pretending that Cartesian Geometry holds for all space.

1. Misha profile image63

OK, you are right. Too much wine already I guess smile

Hey, this is the religion forum - no-one ever says that!  lol

1. marinealways24 profile image59
                  marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Very true, except those of us that are humble enough to learn.

John 2
                  1ON THE third day there was a wedding at Cana of Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there.

2Jesus also was invited with His disciples to the wedding.

3And when the wine was all gone, the mother of Jesus said to Him, They have no more wine!

4Jesus said to her, [[a]Dear] woman, what is that to you and to Me? [What do we have in common? Leave it to Me.] My time (hour to act) has not yet come.(A)

5His mother said to the servants, Whatever He says to you, do it.

6Now there were six waterpots of stone standing there, as the Jewish custom of purification (ceremonial washing) demanded, holding twenty to thirty gallons apiece.

7Jesus said to them, Fill the waterpots with water. So they filled them up to the brim.

8Then He said to them, Draw some out now and take it to the manager of the feast [to the one presiding, the superintendent of the banquet]. So they took him some.

9And when the manager tasted the water just now turned into wine, not knowing where it came from--though the servants who had drawn the water knew--he called the bridegroom

10And said to him, Everyone else serves his best wine first, and when people have drunk freely, then he serves that which is not so good; but you have kept back the good wine until now!

11This, the first of His signs (miracles, wonderworks), Jesus performed in Cana of Galilee, and manifested His glory [by it He displayed His greatness and His power openly], and His disciples believed in Him [adhered to, trusted in, and relied on Him].(B)

HIS first miracle was to make approximately 180 gallons of wine.

? Question ?

When one man and one woman are joined together in marriage and become one flesh, are the 2 still 2 or 1 ??? smile

In Hebrew this is known as Echad (the "ch" is pronounced like a German would)

In English it's known as semantics.

3. quietnessandtrust profile image60

So, do you know anything to be the truth about>>>>> anything ???...at all ???

1. Jerami profile image58
            Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The truth is that...For every action (or decision) there are multipal posabilities of outcomes  (future realities) And for every action ther is a equal but opposit reaction.  Thus a potential of multipal truths

There is one action that does NOT have "multiple responsibilities" big_smile

So your truth has an error in it professor.smile

4 mis-spelled words in one paragraph?

Spell check broken? smile

After all, if you do not spell words correctly, a whole world of multiple possibilities could be drawn. smile

I'm sorry you did not understand my reply. And as I've previously intimated, your use of odd colours and typographical effects merely emphasises your lack of substance.

4. hubby7 profile image63
          hubby7posted 14 years agoin reply to this
          1. underhiswings profile image59
            underhiswingsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Scientists will never know all of the truth, they are only men, made from dust, frail and weak.

The Truth transcends any man.

3. marinealways24 profile image59

I think you pretty much own the thread after this statement. He has no will to learn, only teach.

That is certainly my impression to date. But I've answered his question, so let's see if he agrees with me or not smile

You have excellent individual ideas to share. If he has any intelligence, he will not answer your questions. He refuses anothers intelligence in something he does not know in his arrogance of only what he "assumes" to know.

4. candice5 profile image58
      candice5posted 14 years agoin reply to this

The latter:)

3. profile image0
    SirDentposted 14 years ago

God and Him alone is truth.

4. BrianFanslau profile image60
    BrianFanslauposted 14 years ago

anything that is an absolute smile

Is an   absolute   lie..."truth?"

Other than to say
      "he told the truth when he admitted he lied"

Did he not "still tell a lie?"

Can one "lie" about "the truth?"

Does "anything absolute"...mean it is "truth?"

Or can we say "we have ABSOLUTE TRUTH and ABSOLUTE LIES?"

I mean, if we are talking in absolute terms big_smile

5. aka-dj profile image65
    aka-djposted 14 years ago

A crime is committed. A suspect is interviewed, who denies the accusation. No evidence is strong enough for prosecution. No proof will ever surface.
    What is the truth? Did the suspect do it?
    Somebody did it! Will the truth ever be found. Does the truth exist?
    Is there "justice"?
    If there is NO ultimate/absolute truth, it should not matter either if there is a truth, or whether or not justice is achieved (or not).

aka-dj - justice is based on proof "beyond reasonable doubt". That is pragmatism. But justice sometimes miscarries. That is unfortunate wink

1. aka-dj profile image65
        aka-djposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ye Ye! BUT, what's the truth? We may not know it, nor be able to prove it, but that does NOT deny it's existence.

In the case of a crime, we can know that something definitely happened though we may not know exactly what. I see where you're heading, but a statement like "God spoke to Moses from a burning bush" doesn't prove the existence of God. (Or were you taking it somewhere else?

Let's say that GOD "is real"...just for a second so the question can be asked of you OK? smile

If GOD appeared to you and told you that HE IS THE TRUTH...would you believe HIM???...or ask for "proof?"

If he was convincing, I'd believe him. Why not? But I'm not holding my breath. It hasn't happened this last 56 years.

That's heavy. As they use to say back in the day.

I wonder what "convincing" you would need?
                What would He have to do to "convince" you?
                How many questions would you ask of said God?
                Can you state any of your questions here?
                I mean, if this was to really happen between you and said God, would you NOT want to be ready to be convinced?
                NOT have all of your questions lined up so you did NOT look silly and ill prepared?

If you had some really great questions, He might even make the other people wait if He was really stumped by them.

He only has so much time you know, 6 billion people and all.

Evidence, as distinct from scripture, would be a start.

1. Bibowen profile image88
                    Bibowenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you need a start, how about it is more likely that the universe was created than that it always existed or simply came into being, uncaused, out of nothing. That, of course, does not prove Jesus is Lord, but it does point to an originator of the universe at some point in the finite past.

2. underhiswings profile image59

And what would be that evidence?
                    Do you have any questions for said God if He were to appear to you?
                    You would not want to be caught off guard.
                    By the way, if said God were to show up, that WOULD be evidence that He in fact does exist correct?
                    Hard proof NO?

I am glad that all such "miscarries" will have proper justice done eventually. smile

Men cannot, juries cannot, sometimes will not, look at or see truth in court.

Wherever men fail, justice will be carried out by THE TRUTH because THE TRUTH is JUSTICE big_smile

All you are doing is making assertions, in colour. You are way out of your depth here among people who have learned how to think. Goodnight wink

NOTHING is deeper than THE MIND OF MESSIAH, nothing.
            HE will see to it that justice is done.

The unspiritual self, just as it is by nature, can't receive the gifts of God's Spirit. There's no capacity for them. They seem like so much silliness. Spirit can be known only by spirit—God's Spirit and our spirits in open communion. Spiritually alive, we have access to everything God's Spirit is doing, and can't be judged by unspiritual critics. Isaiah's question, "Is there anyone around who knows God's Spirit, anyone who knows what he is doing?" has been answered: Christ knows, and we have Christ's Mind and His Spirit, if we believe in Him.

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
              Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

<snipped personal attack> I am thinking you have it mixed up somewhere. I mean - wearing a dead dog's head as a necklace? I am pretty sure jesus would not have done that.

Just ask yourself - WWJSUAC?

You are the 2nd atheist to ASS-ume that the dog is not real and is in fact dead, so I will answer the atheist like I did the other ASS-umer.

Oh look mommy, a live dogie relaxing in the mans jacket, how cute.
                He must love that little dog mommy big_smile

http://www.viewbug.com/media/mediafiles/2009/06/06/132449_me_and_girley_0201081022_680x680_.jpg

<snipped>
                Hummm...a choice of words coming from you that are not recommended for HUB PAGES eh? smile

The Truth hurts huh?

So - this dead dog - what made you kill it? And what are those you stuffed in it's eyeballs? Are they glass? Very realistic. Still not getting it though - where does it say in the bible to wear a dead dog around your neck? Did I miss that bit?

Asked anyone to click on your google ads lately? Is that OK with jesus?

WWJSUAC?

Cue blue ink....................

ANYONE can see that the dog is alive and hanging on NOTHING smile

Oh my, resorting to such name calling, it's a wonder you can still post here, mercy me. Wow!
                After looking at what the guy said above your comment, I have no idea why you would say such a thing like this.
                "So why do you come across as such a ----?"
                I saw the original and you should be more than ashamed of your self sir.

Please refrain from this kind of talk Mark.

6. Eric Graudins profile image60
    Eric Graudinsposted 14 years ago

Congratulations quietnessandrust.

You win the prize for the spammiest looking thread title EVER on Hubpages.

And do other Truth seekers also have to wear the head of a little dog on a rope around their necks ? lol

Well? See the little dogie? Is the dogie real enough for ya? big_smile

7. marinealways24 profile image59
    marinealways24posted 14 years ago

I think the only absolute truths that we know is that we are to learn, teach, grow, evolve.

1. world of the wise profile image65
      world of the wiseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i dont think you are likely to turn into an animal, no evolution, so take heart my friend

8. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Oops, sorry, you are right again. I will behave next time, I promise lol

9. quicksand profile image82
    quicksandposted 14 years ago

The "truth" once more is whether GOD exists or not. Again the question arises as to whether proof can be shown of GOD's existence or non-existence. If he does exist (I believe he does, which is a different matter) what harm?

What can be done with the truth? Why do we, at this point need this so called absolute truth? If the "truth" is finally out, what gains can we expect? Who will change his lifestyle and to what extent?

Why would someone have to change their lifestyle in a land of individualism and free will?

1. quicksand profile image82
        quicksandposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ha! ha! ha! Why should they? lol lol lol

What I really meant was, what changes can we expect and from whom? smile

10. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Any changes you can really expect come from within. smile

Well Said! I fully agree. This is individualism.

I think the "individual" is where the seperation comes between human and animal.

2. goodfriendiam profile image60
      goodfriendiamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Bravo!!! Misha, for your truth, and every ones own truth lies within. This is absolute. way to go. this is the proof, for only each of us holds the proof, no one can teach truth, only you can decide for yourself, if truth exist, and what that truth is.

"no one can teach truth"

How about THE TRUTH?

Does THE TRUTH teach?

3. quicksand profile image82

I really meant to ask why we need the truth! We're all doing pretty well without it! lol lol lol

1. Misha profile image63

Can you make up your mind?

***~~~WHAT IS TRUTH ???~~~***TRUTH SEEKERS WELCOME~~~***

What I really meant was, what changes can we expect and from whom?

I really meant to ask why we need the truth! We're all doing pretty well without it!

Sounds pretty confusing what exactly answer you need...

The "truth" here obviously refers to the existence or non-existence of GOD. As for other truths, the truth about motion of matter has already been revealed by Sir Isaac Newton. The truth (most of it) about the qualities of light has been discovered by Al Einstein.

When it comes to the truth in a court of law, available evidence influences human judgment, and this decision has to be accepted as the truth.

The "truth" that is highlighted here is something that we have been living without, and we are managing pretty well. smile

In a nutshell, what truth is being "highlighted" here? big_smile

And exactly who is managing pretty well?

Who isn't? smile

In a nutshell, what truth is being "highlighted" here?

Answer is?...or did you "mis" the Q?

4. quietnessandtrust profile image60

Those "changes" come after we learn and yield to THE TRUTH about the matter at hand. smile

11. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

The 'Truth' is simply the absence of lies.

Quite simple really.

I think truth is what is determined as truth in the individual mind.

1. frogdropping profile image77
        frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is correct. But 'truth' is still the absence of lies.

I'll never be convinced that a person doesn't realise that they're being untruthful. Unless they're ignorant of the thruth.

But that's something different altogether.

That's ignorance smile

Nicely said. In ignorance, someone can believe anothers truth as their own sacrificing individual truth making them a follower.

1. frogdropping profile image77
            frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Exactly smile

12. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Oh thank you, bit I can't really take any credit for this, it's not my idea at all smile

1. goodfriendiam profile image60
      goodfriendiamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

very true, well said.. smile

13. Susana S profile image95
    Susana Sposted 14 years ago

There are many truths but here's one - everything changes smile

THE TRUTH never changes.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
        Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

THE TRUTH does not wear any.
          HE IS NOT A MAN that HE should need them smile

14. quietnessandtrust profile image60

I opened this forum to SEE what others believed and thought the truth is and to read the opinions of others.

I am NOT THE TRUTH, THE TRUTH is THE TRUTH.

THE TRUTH posses ALL TRUTH and contains NO lies.

And as one has stated "wears the head of a little dog around his neck on a rope"

Here is the truth on that ass-umption.

http://www.viewbug.com/media/mediafiles/2009/06/06/132449_me_and_girley_0201081022_680x680_.jpg

Look Ma, no rope.

15. quietnessandtrust profile image60

? Can ?

Can 2 "different"..."truths"...co-exist?

Or...is 1 a lie??? smile

16. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Jesus said "I am the Way ,the TRUTH ,and the Life.

As for me I am like a speck of sand

17. quietnessandtrust profile image60

The non-spiritual self, just as it is by nature, can't receive the gifts of God's Spirit. There's no capacity for them. They seem like so much silliness. Spirit can be known only by spirit—God's Spirit and our spirits in open communion. Spiritually alive, we have access to everything God's Spirit is doing, and can't be judged by non-spiritual critics. Isaiah's question, "Is there anyone around who knows God's Spirit, anyone who knows what he is doing?" has been answered: Christ knows, and we have Christ's Mind and Spirit.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Quietness you dont appear to be a well man?

Why are you asking yourself a question? big_smile

1. candice5 profile image58
          candice5posted 14 years agoin reply to this

{color=red She is not a question mark is a gift to you.

You really DO need to use the "preview" option BEFORE you "submit"

Did you want to try English?

18. Eric Graudins profile image60
    Eric Graudinsposted 14 years ago

There is no truth.

Apart from physical laws and physical events, all we have is perception.

Perception is everything.

One person may interpret a given piece of information and pronounce it "true"
    Another person sees the same information, and says it is "false".

Whether something is true or false depends on the belief of the person expressing the opinion.
    True and false are just labels we apply that give other people an indication of how we think.

(And why the hell this thread is in the religious forums is beyond me. Truth has nothing to do with Religion. And religion has very little to do with truth. )

So, before I reply sir.

You made an assumption about me and my dog.
      Any truth to it, now that you have seen the picture perhaps?
      Care to correct your statement of mockery???

1. Eric Graudins profile image60
        Eric Graudinsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No. I'm not interested in correcting it.
        Everyone can see the truth for themselves.
        However, the small image you use as an avatar still looks to me like it is a dogs head attached to a scarf or a bit of rope.

And the fact that you have even brought this up proves to me that you are just mucking around, and aren't interested in discussing this topic seriously.

I have mentally filed your name under "W", and shall not bother responding to you again.

2. Bibowen profile image88

Are these statements that you are making true or are they just perceptions?

19. quietnessandtrust profile image60

In a nutshell, what truth is being "highlighted" here?

Answer??? smile

20. quietnessandtrust profile image60

Well it does NOT take much for you to cut and run.
    Cowards are like you know, that's why in battle, if you cut and run during a fire fight, your own fellow soldiers shoot you as you run.

So run now, run, run quickly.roll

21. quietnessandtrust profile image60

roll ANOTHER characteristic of a coward is that they cannot say "I was wrong in my ass-umption"...no matter what the assumption might have been. Having no courage to admit when they have been caught in any ass-uming, no matter how small or large, they just want to move on to the next opinion they have inside the cowardly wooden head that sits atop the skeleton they rattle around in !!!

And that  "W"  stands for
    WARRIOR !!! cool

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No, it could mean Waste of oxygen though!
      Don't feed the monkley folks, and he will just disappear up his own orifice.

Interesting how you said that the thread should be shut down and yet you keep coming back. smile

I hear a contradiction....move along now big_smile

Like I said, stop feeding the monkey folks!

Please bring some peanuts if you insist on coming back smile

Hey, I bet when your mommy told you to stay away from the lions, you did not do as you were told.big_smile

http://www.viewbug.com/media/mediafiles/2009/06/02/192925_the_monkey0526061648_680x680_.jpg

No but she did warn me about piss ants!

Hummm....now in the last few minutes you have come to "feed the monkey" like 4 times now.

Seems like you cannot follow your own instructions boy. smile

You said about 9 times in the forums now.
                "Like I said, stop feeding the monkey folks!"

You will be back smile Your a Curious George. cool

2. profile image0
              sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Is that how your god told you to act?  Be rude to everyone who disagrees with you?

2. Spaghetti Monster profile image59
      Spaghetti Monsterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nay, quietnessandtrust.

After reading through your responses in this thread, My judgement would be that the W stands for Wanker.

My thoughts are that it is thou, my friend, who is a coward.
      You hide behind your fake name like a child behind the skirt of its mommy, while most of the people you attack have the courage to use their names.

You are indeed a miserable creature, but I am sure that you can be saved through the ministries of the Flying spaghetti Monster.

You are always welcome under the shelter of the Holy Spaghetti Bowl.

RAmen.

Oh Great Noodly one. Answer my question please.

Would you truly accept such a Worthless one under your Bowl? I mean - can you imagine his behavior when time came to divide the bill (Check in American). Yea verily I would expect such a one to deny the extra bottle of Chianti and four shots of Grappa. Not once, but three times as is foretold in the runes. Is he the one foretold? Because I would not trust such as he to be honest when the time came to pay.

RAmen.

1. Spaghetti Monster profile image59
          Spaghetti Monsterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nobody is truly worthless. I trust you shall learn this as you progress further through the levels of the FSM en-noodlement.
          And besides, I need a muckraker in the stables, and I think that this one will be ideal, given his performance here.

However, I agree with your assessment, and assure you that he would not be accompanying any of the normal members to any sort of eating establishment where the liquids of lubrication are served. And I would certainly keep the holy money belt firmly fastened whenever he was around.

RAmen.

22. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 14 years ago

Christians monkey nose grows like Pinocchio.
    http://www.borneo-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/proboscis-monkey.jpg

I think he's a distant relative of Jimmy Durante or Richard Nixon.

23. quietnessandtrust profile image60

With a creation like that it's wonder you can say that GOD does NOT exist. big_smile

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Listen carefully, I said YOUR god does not exist. big_smile

Listen even more carefully. HIS ANSWER IS...

ONLY A FOOL SAYS IN HIS / HER HEART "THERE IS NO GOD" !!!

Seems like you keep coming back to this simple point and conclusion. smile

24. Bibowen profile image88
    Bibowenposted 14 years ago

Look people, the Shrub has given you an order; stop feeding the monkey. Start aping him instead and depart.

25. quietnessandtrust profile image60

No need to move to another point unless this one is changed in YOUR mind smile

26. quietnessandtrust profile image60

Good-night big_smile

27. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Why hasnt that loony been evicted yet??

1. Jane@CM profile image60
      Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Haha, maybe they see some value in the loony posting bin LOL

And another forum to add "The Loony Bin"

28. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

Thank you oh Noodly one. I see the wisdom and truth of it. You are truly The One.

I forgot - even in heaven there needs to be some one to pick up the used Kleenexes on the stripper factory floor or muck out the stables. Wisdom indeed.

RAmen

29. quietnessandtrust profile image60

@ paraglider

Oh and by the way para glider.

They're are some actions that when done, DO NOT have any chance of a multiple choice of out comes.

Can you name any?

30. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Mark, are ya bored?

Just going to bed actually. smile

Sleep well smile

31. Randy Godwin profile image59
    Randy Godwinposted 14 years ago

Nope, the dog is definitely dead, but he is hanging on NOTHING!

It's appropriate that you placed the word "nothing" in caps (weren't you yelling at others for doing this earlier?) because it also signifies this post's contribution to the topic.

Jesus' statement that He is the truth signifies that the truth is not just an abstraction, but that it is also personal. There is no eternal truth without Him.

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
        Randy Godwinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nope. wrong again. I yelled at no one just as I did not resort to name calling as you erroneously stated in another comment.  You remember that thread don't you?  You called Earnest "Boss Shrub" shortly after falsely accusing me of "name calling."  A Christian hypocrite no less.

And your last sentence- just your opinion.  Where's your crony Loonie Toons today?

If you did not do as I accused you, I apologize and take it back. There were several that seemed to be put out by the change in lettering, the CAPS, etc., which I have maintained is irrelevant to the claims being made.  I assumed you were one of them. My mistake.

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
            Randy Godwinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, apology accepted.

32. Bibowen profile image88
    Bibowenposted 14 years ago

Jesus is the truth. He said that he was the way the truth and the life. He vindicated his claims by his resurrection from the dead.

33. Randy Godwin profile image59

Good, perhaps he'll do the same for the dog.LOL

34. underhiswings profile image59
    underhiswingsposted 14 years ago

What is truth?

Here are a handful of them, for one word does not define the truth.

The one and only true and living God rules and reigns.

He rules everything in heaven and on earth and under the earth.

He has no equal and loves His creation and longs to know them and that they know Him and worship Him in Spirit and in the truth.

He gave His life for the world and laid it down willingly, no man took it from Him.

He is everlasting, eternal, long on patients, slow to anger, merciful in judgment.

In Him we live, move and have our being.

He is the source of life and has all power, all love and all grace.

He gives and takes away and none can stay His hand. Blessed be His name.

Those are just a few of the truth's about The King of kings.

35. easyspeak profile image67
    easyspeakposted 14 years ago

Jesus said I am the Truth.  Truth is embodied in a person.

That is very true.
      Good to know someone else puts it in that manner, few do.
      The Truth is a Person, not "some thing"
      Good observation sir.

36. Randy Godwin profile image59

Autumn doth approach as nuts drop heavily from neath the heavens.

He is also Lord over all of the seasons that we so dearly love.
      And nuts are a wonderful food that fall from the trees He also created for us to enjoy and receive nourishment from.
      Praise The Good Lord God. He bountifully gives food to all of His creation, even if some of them hate Him. He still like a good Father, feeds mankind.
      Just like when you at times did not like your parents, they always fed you.

He love us.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
        Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Whoosh!

37. Susana S profile image95

I think something that this discussion is missing is that truth exists without the need for humans. It existed before us - it will exist after us. Also truth could well be different in different dimensions.

As humans we may try to find the truths of existence, which is a worthwhile endevour, but that doesn't mean we will find them or interpret information correctly because our perceptual and intellectual equipment is fallible. Remember people used to think it was truth that the earth was the centre of the universe! I'm sure they were very convinced of this truth, unfortunately it wasn't truth at all. The truth that earth is not the centre of the universe already existed and was not dependent on us knowing it.

Personally I favour science, direct experience, constant questioning and critical evaluation as ways to get to the various thruths.

38. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Ditto........ Well said Susana.
    But I've always enjoyed watching as the 'Flat Earth' zealots, fall of the edge!! smile

39. Susana S profile image95

Hmmm they do have a way of doing that - only thing is they don't notice! smile

One of those cattle prods might work lol

A cattle prod might be tough to get through the computer screen, but I think its worth a try big_smile

lol the thought alone was therapeutic lol

40. cindyvine profile image71
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

Truth is a matter of perception.  What is my truth might not be your truth.

Perception is little more than an illusion and The Truth is neither of these.

There is One who is Truth and nothing escapes His notice.

He knows all things. He is NOT a man that He should have any darkness.

Your truth, someone else's truth, my own truth, none of them are equal to The Truth. They might contain some of real truth, but always contain a lie as well, this is the illusion of human perception.

The Truth is 100% Truth and is pure Truth.

41. underhiswings profile image59

Aimed @ Paraglider

"(e.g. the description of Krisna manifesting himself to Arjuna)"

Do you believe this really happened?

No of course not. But the quality of poetry in the Gita far exceeds anything in the Bible. It's a good read.

42. underhiswings profile image59

Paraglider says: "then yes I'd be convinced. But as I said before, I'm not holding my breath. I don't accept scripture as evidence.

This ones reply is:
    mohitmisra
    3185 posts
    Hubs: 10
    Fans: 106
    "It will happen to you Paraglider like it has happened with others"

There now Paraglider, even he has hope for you sir. smile

43. underhiswings profile image59

Men create things, they DO NOT "create" themselves.

Neither did what we see "create itself"....NOTHING just "comes into being"
    It is created, just like the sperm and egg that came together started the creation of you.

Men and women create art, music, cars, houses and families. This is done after it is "designed" first. Well thought out too, yes?

They DO NOT just "happen"

This is logic. big_smile

44. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

Have underhiswings and quietnessandtrust ever appeared at the same time??  Hmmmmmmmmmm

45. XTASIS profile image59
    XTASISposted 14 years ago

I was going to post something, but it seems everybody is angry in this thread. I think religion is bad for the nerves. That's why I only believe in myself : to be happy . Ciao! big_smile

Discussions can often be heated and heat refines the mind, riding it of impurities.
      So this is a good thing.

No anger coming from this nobody.
      I have a saying, an original of mine, that came out of nothing as some would say, because it could not have been created. It goes like this.

#17 "Iron sharpens iron and as we get closer it will be painful and without a source of great irritation, the oyster forms no pearls. So now, my friend, do I irritate you?......Good.....form a pearl will you?" smile

46. XTASIS profile image59
    XTASISposted 14 years ago

It lookslike nobody's home. You're wasting your energy, nobody's listening. Go home, baby, go home ! lol

In HIM I live, I move and I have my very being.

I am ALWAYS at home. big_smile

1. XTASIS profile image59
        XTASISposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good for you., So don't shout in this forum. you're using too many caps. it's not kind of you

Pretty funny coming fro someone with a user name that is
          "XTASIS"....ummm, see any CAPS there? roll
          lol

CAPS are used when I write a term referring to THE CREATOR and not shouting.
          If CAPS are used any other time, it is to point something out, not for shouting. smile Peace. Or should I say PEACE.?

Peace will do smile  Bye and good luck, hope you get  what you're looking for

Never said I was "looking" for anything.smile

Oh and by the way, you are nobody to tell me to go any place.

Well then I hope you get into a Hell of an Argument ! big_smile

The gates of hell cannot prevail against God on the offense.

47. underhiswings profile image59

#13. "Fighting against the Truth and embracing the Truth, both are painful, only one is also peaceful."

48. underhiswings profile image59

11."Who is the bigger coward? The child who is afraid of the dark or the man who is afraid of the light?"

None. Only people that talk when nobody is listening

49. underhiswings profile image59

25."If I do not agree with your opinion at first or at all, it is because I ran it through The Refiners Fire and found it wanting. Please remove all the dross and then re-present it to me for further consideration."

50. profile image0
    L. Andrew Marrposted 14 years ago

Truth is relative -

As an example:
    I may believe with my every sinew that bigfoot exists. That makes it a truth for me even if no one else believes it and thinks it is false. There are no absolutes in a world which is relative.

The only truth is that your consciousness exists. Past that we only know what we think are truthes; namely your physical body exists or anyone else exists. For all I know no one on this site truely exists, yet to yourselves you are truthes.

See what I mean?

1. profile image0
      L. Andrew Marrposted 14 years agoin reply to this

From a purely philosophical point of view, and not a religious one, what I say is correct. We cannot be certain of what we do not know exists. So when people say 'does God exist?' We can turn around and say 'does existance exist?'

I believe in God but I disagree with using him/her/it as an answer with ethical questions. Truth is ethics and ethics is encoded into every human society on earth and every human being, everyone has their own ethical theory. Religion is strictly personal as to what one believes.

Also, is God truth or truth God? It is one thing to say that a person encompasses truth - it is another to say they are. The Euthrytho dilemma has been around for thousands of years and you are a better person than I am if you can answer it.

Yes, I see you are confused with what you mean.

You said:
      "There are no absolutes in a world which is relative."
      And then you said:
      "The only truth is that your consciousness exists."

Those 2 statements contradict themselves. First you said that 'there are no absolutes" and then you made an absolute statement "The only truth is that..."

Are these absolutes??
      1-jump off 8 story building, hit street, look like dropped can of tomatoes, your dead.
      2-tie boat anchor around neck, jump into ocean off boat, sink to bottom, your dead.
      3-tell the judge in his courtroom to shut the f#ck up, judge simply utters "bailiff" and you find yourself in a new orange suit in a 6'x9' cell with Bubba.
      4-you try to rape another mans wife and he comes home and shows you the business end of some guys creation named Smith and Wesson, your dead.

Hummmm ?????
      Your truth, someone else's truth, my own truth, none of them are equal to The Truth. They might contain some of real truth, but always contain a lie as well, this is the illusion of human perception.

Perception is little more than an illusion and The Truth is neither of these. The Truth is 100% Truth and is pure Truth.

There is One who is Truth and nothing escapes His notice.

He knows all things. He is NOT a man that He should have any darkness.

(by the way, truthes is spelled truths and truley is spelled truly and Euthrytho dilemma is spelled Erythro)

And that is an absolute truth sir.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)