jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

When you hurt, our natural selfishness kicks in. How does one counteract our nat

1. Jangaplanet profile image77
    Jangaplanetposted 7 years ago

When you hurt, our natural selfishness kicks in. How does one counteract our natural selfishness?

2. Jen Buczynski profile image59
    Jen Buczynskiposted 7 years ago

Speak or act opposite what you feel. Simple summary, very complicated and difficult to do!

3. shogan profile image84
    shoganposted 7 years ago

When hurt, some people counteract their natural "selfishness" with Vicodin.

4. Jean Bakula profile image95
    Jean Bakulaposted 7 years ago

Try to remember the other person may be hurting too. They just may be holding it inside, or hurting in a way that is not so obvious.

5. Ashantina profile image60
    Ashantinaposted 7 years ago

Help me understand why you believe it is selfish to hurt..?

6. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 7 years ago

I definitely agree with the natural selfishness kicks it.  Definitely comes with the territory.  The individual is now removing themselves or the fact of any association/connection they once had with the person.  I think it comes off as selfishness but it's like confirmation to self.  Especially if you were unconditionally supportive to that individual.

It's really hard to counteract your natural selfishness because thinking about self and tending to self is a natural reaction that some how allows you to separate yourself from them.  But if you truly love that person you will revert from those actions and thinking once the hurt subsides.

Vonda G. Nelson

working