jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

I'm losing my christian faith because I stopped giong or I never feel like it, w

1. HandsOffMyMayo profile image55
    HandsOffMyMayoposted 7 years ago

I'm losing my christian faith because I stopped giong or I never feel like it, what should I do?

I stopped going to my church & i'm losing my faith. I saw that there havae been alot of earthquakes lately & that it's exactly as the bible describes  it will be when the time is near of an end.. & now i'm freaking out because i'm losing my faith & I want it back! But the people i'm aruond & the music... everything is like hypnotizing me! What should I do?

2. Colby Alan profile image58
    Colby Alanposted 7 years ago

Been there. Surround yourself with people of the faith who you actually like -- and that's the key: people you like. I found those people by finding a church I actually enjoyed, even if I didn't agree completely with every philosophy.

3. Neon_Letters profile image59
    Neon_Lettersposted 7 years ago

DonĀ“t you feel free without having to fear god while loving him at the same time? open your mind, being afraid of the end you really want to go back to that? enjoy life, feel free, trust in what you believe and it seems you are beggining to believe in reality!
    cheer up.

4. LeisureLife profile image72
    LeisureLifeposted 7 years ago

Try reading the works of Saint Augustine ...

http://hubpages.com/hub/Mystery-of-Memo … ons-Book-X

5. profile image47
    morducaiposted 7 years ago

Just know that God will always be there when you find it again, faith comes from within and the only thing you can do to regain your faith is to pray that God will help you.

The bible says search and you will find, knock and the door will open(Matt 7:7) This means that as long we search for God with all of our heart we will find him.

So in short, continue your search for your faith and you will find it,  try also to read one chapter a day from the Good Book as it will give you strength. Start with Matthew and keep reading, it is food for your spirit!

6. FriendofTruth profile image68
    FriendofTruthposted 7 years ago

The Word says that faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God (Romans 10.17). Therefore you need to return to your church - hear the Word of God, read the Word of God, surround yourself with brothers and sisters in the LORD, leave the bad music behind. Music will draw you in, and away from the LORD especially if it is of the 'world'. And you are right, Jesus said these things would happen in the last days, so I will pray for you to have strength to return to your first love, and that He will help you to overcome...

7. darrylcrawford profile image69
    darrylcrawfordposted 7 years ago

I believe you need to be surrounded by strong believers who have been where you are so they can help you pray your way to victory and listen to them so you can grow.

Ask God for complete directions so you can strengthen your faith.
    You strengthen your faith by hearing the word of God.
    You strengthen your walk with Jesus by just letting go and trusting in HIM. Give HIM time to work with you and help you see where we've gone wrong.

Ask God to close every door to every place that keeps you in bondage in Jesus name.

And to open every door to every place that will keep you in complete redemption and to keep you on fire for God.

HE will do this if you truly ask and believe that you receive.

Jesus is LORD!

working