jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How should we view the judgement?

1. Darknlovely3436 profile image82
    Darknlovely3436posted 7 years ago

How should we view  the judgement?

speaking of judgment terrifies people are you afraid

2. Dr. Arthur Ide profile image76
    Dr. Arthur Ideposted 7 years ago

The ancient Egyptians recorded the Last Judgment on the Papyrus of Ani (now in the British Museum) where various ancient Egyptian deities, especially Anubis, were in control of celestial scales that measured the righteousness and good deeds of a mortal against omissions and transgressions not only of the individual but also in light of public service. Much of this ancient theology became a part of Christian mythology as found in the Letter of James 2:24, as the ancient world knew that "by faith no one is saved, but by the good works the faithful show that they are deserving to sit with deities on high, with the god Re and his 12 counsellors/apostles headed by the Rock (an Egyptian word that can be translated as Cephas or Peter).

The Akkadians were even more precise discussing the Day of Judgment being when those who gave burned offerings to the goddesses would be found with favor, while those who turned from the pantheon of gods were doomed to everlasting torment. Such a message quickly spread until it intoxicated ancient Rome but was ignored in Greece until a small sect of Chresteanos appeared in approximately 100 BCE and took up the Judgment call until the Emperor Constantine created his church at his council of Niceae in 325 CE, as described in the book "History of the Christian Church" written by Eusebius. Then legends filled out the pages and Paulinity became what today is known as Christianity.

3. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 7 years ago

You need to judge yourselves daily throughout your life on the earth and correct things which you can and leave the rest of it in GOD'S hands to make the righteous judgment in every individual life. For example take myself. I am not afraid because GOD on August 1, 1982 A.D. a Sunday morning shown me in a vision the other side of death. It is glorious. I sold out to GOD to do his perfect will for my life on the earth. GOD lead and directed my steps moment by moment as I yielded totally to where he wanted me to go and be the best that I can be as an Ambassador of Jesus Christ through my 1 article that I written and put on the internet with google and the referring sites found my article 2 months later and spread it around the world in 8 countries of which no members of hubpages community can see the greatest article on the earth which stands side by side with the Holy Bible. GOD have vindicated me with my 1 article which is a total success that is seen around the world in 8 countries and growing in leaps and bounds. If you wish to see my article then you would have to find it like the referring sites found my article within 2 months and I have no idea how they found it but they know what they are looking for and found it with my article. All is well with my soul. How about your soul? Is it well?

4. Darknlovely3436 profile image82
    Darknlovely3436posted 7 years ago

Wow Dr. Arthur Ide, i must indeed say that Hubpage is not only site for mak ing money , i learned something new everday, who need a classroom when i can logged on and get some great information, concerning all kinds of topic, i appreciated that you take time out to educated me, on the scriptures

Peace within
    Darknlovely

working