jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What does it mean to be a Jedi ?

1. Roger Rabbit profile image60
    Roger Rabbitposted 7 years ago

What does it mean to be a Jedi ?

I'm totally a Jedi. Additionally what can people do to let the force into their lives?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4784725_f260.jpg

2. Christopher Floyd profile image59
    Christopher Floydposted 7 years ago

Nice photo shop.
    Let's see... devote yourself to a cause. Pursue peace. Accept the influence of a powerful, invisible entity inside yourself. Wear robes. Pretty sure there's a celibacy clause... Wait a minute. That's something else.

3. Dave Mathews profile image61
    Dave Mathewsposted 7 years ago

It means that you are a cartoon character in "Star Wars" movies that's it.

4. furnitureman profile image59
    furnituremanposted 7 years ago

The Jedi were also able to influence and control the minds of others by making use of the Jedi mind trick. The Sith use an ability called Force Lightning which is a lightning-like manifestation of the dark side of the Force that can be used either in combat or as an instrument of excruciating torture (as demonstrated by Emperor Palpatine in Return of the Jedi and Revenge of the Sith and Count Dooku in Attack of the Clones). The Force also gives enhanced skills in lightsaber combat.
    The term "Force power" originated in the Star Wars Roleplaying Game, by West End Games. Later, it was used in Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II, where they could be gained via a system of Force "points".

Hi, Roger, frankly, this is my first time to hear about this. So, I've researched because I want to share a little. What you read above is an excerpt from Wikipedia. I just picked the most relevant lines. I hope I have done something to satisfy your query. Thanks.

5. wilbury4 profile image71
    wilbury4posted 7 years ago

I have totally no idea.... I'm an Ewok...

6. iZeko profile image95
    iZekoposted 7 years ago

I don't know. Have to ask Obi-Wan Kenobi.

7. keepitnatural profile image72
    keepitnaturalposted 7 years ago

To be a Jedi is to believe in 'the force!' However I can see you already realise this, so the force is also known as chi & is the energy which exists & flows everywhere. The advanced & developed mind can manipulate this & use it to achieve all sorts of amazing things.
    The best known way of manipulating chi, or really 'balancing' it is in the home & your surroundings through the application of Feng Shui.
    I would say that to let the force into your life all you need to do is truly 'believe' in it's existence, it's power & reality as an 'invisible force' which affects all & can work for you through the power of your Faith!
    Great question!

8. ryancarter profile image59
    ryancarterposted 7 years ago

You have to always talk like you're trying not to fart, wear several dresses layered together, and above all else, you must live a peaceful life... Except when you're ruthlessly stabbing, dismembering, shocking, choking, and crushing your enemies.

9. DanuckInUSA profile image60
    DanuckInUSAposted 7 years ago

Knowing how to manipulate others with the power of the force for good.

10. mcbel profile image71
    mcbelposted 5 years ago

It means girls will start to want you, but you will no longer be able to do anything about it.

working