jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

What causes conciousness and awareness?

1. Jangaplanet profile image78
    Jangaplanetposted 7 years ago

What causes conciousness and awareness?

2. Retsuzen Shikata profile image57
    Retsuzen Shikataposted 7 years ago

These are simply states of being...nothing "causes" it.

3. MacBradaigh88 profile image79
    MacBradaigh88posted 7 years ago

i don't think anyone can have a definite answer to that question, but it is probably rooted in our basic survival mechanisms. If you were not conscious you wouldn't last very long in the natural world. Awareness is really an extension of consciousness. The more self-aware a sentient being is, the more likely they are to choose the correct actions to facilitate their continued existence. The next logical step is awareness of your surroundings, which again is advantageous to survival. Even beyond the natural world and into modern society, awareness, both of the self and of one's surroundings, is integral in succeeding.

4. Mark Upshaw profile image59
    Mark Upshawposted 7 years ago

Consciousness is caused by awareness of separation or duality.

5. tgopfrich profile image79
    tgopfrichposted 7 years ago

being awake and not asleep possibly...? wink

6. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

being alive. the dead have neither but the living have both to survive. it's no big issue.

7. proactrdv profile image71
    proactrdvposted 7 years ago

This is caused by the brain. A normal brain analyzes through all five sinses and, if it is a normal brain,  it will based upon conditions you are in relay these feelings to you.

8. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 7 years ago

Great question, I will say one word, that should sum it up in a nutshell, amongst other things.  Honesty....you are quite smart to figure out how that can be an asset to consciousness and awareness!

Vonda G. Nelson

9. Rastamermaid profile image74
    Rastamermaidposted 7 years ago

Circumstance and life experience.

Before you have kids you say,your kids are going to do this or that,or my child is going to this school.Jr's going to be doctor.

But once you have kids you are aware it's not what you want,it's about your child,your child's capabilities and personality.

That make you conscience and aware that somethings are out of your control and have nothing to do with you.

10. Ruchira profile image77
    Ruchiraposted 7 years ago

I think being in the moment, being in the present can make us aware of our deeds and eventually make us conscious of our actions.
    Most of us, are living either in the past or in the future so, do not realize what we said or did and thus, the awareness that we have hurt someone does not come to mind.

11. Hari Baskar profile image61
    Hari Baskarposted 7 years ago

Conciousness and awareness can be felt only when we get out of the thought process.  " I "  " I am " is first thought which divert us from the consiousness we have to destroy that " I "  thought through constant meditation. once this " I " thought is destroyed we realise our Source (self) that is full of conciousness.