jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

If you met Jesus would you know?

1. DanuckInUSA profile image61
    DanuckInUSAposted 7 years ago

If you met Jesus would you know?

2. the clean life profile image80
    the clean lifeposted 7 years ago

I think I would do to the fact I believe I would have a feeling of peace, calmness and a loving feeling in my heart the he is near or with me.

3. profile image0
    Jessica_jacobsonposted 7 years ago

if you know Jesus as your savior and you follow him. read the bible and keep from worldly distractions you would know who he is if he wants you too. if you keep the world ahead of him. he could slap you in the face and you wouldn't even flinch

4. mattmilamii profile image60
    mattmilamiiposted 7 years ago

There are some among us who would, and on the other hand, there are those who would not.  What makes the difference is what you know before He presents Himself.  Followers of Christ, and I’m talking about true followers, are those who make a real effort at developing a relationship with Him in earnest.  For the most part, religious people follow their particular form of religious belief.  Adherence to denominational traditions has nothing to do with the development of sincere intimate personal relationship.  The exchange becomes intimate when those involved exercise a real compassion and concern for the others involved; what the other person thinks and feels matters.  One has to relate to those thoughts and feelings, and your own life becomes connected as well as involved in the life of the other.  In a real way, who you are is intermingled into who they are.  For that to happen you have to know them, and know them in a real way… not just superficially.  For the person who has done this, meeting Jesus face to face would not be a shock or surprise because they would know who he was long before the encounter.  Jesus would be a part of them.  When you think about it, that’s really what Jesus’ was praying for… 

John 17:20-22
    “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.  I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one—

working