jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How did Jesus realize he was the son of God?

1. Jangaplanet profile image77
    Jangaplanetposted 6 years ago

How did Jesus realize he was the son of God?

2. mikicagle profile image90
    mikicagleposted 6 years ago

Jesus always knew who he was. Luke 2:41-51 tells the story of Jesus' parents losing him for several days while they traveled home from Jerusalem. When they finally found him preaching in the chapel and told him they had been searching for him His reply was, "Why were you searching for me? Didn't you know I had to be in my Father's house?"  He always knew he was the son of God.

3. the_blumes profile image57
    the_blumesposted 6 years ago

Jesus is God. I like to think of him as being God in human form. He experienced our pain but he always knew he had the power to perform what we consider to be miracles.
    Isaiah 48:16 - Jesus says that God will send him down to earth with his spirit.
    He was not conceived by earthly means, he was sent down from heaven into Mary's womb to grow like every other human. And then after his resurrection he returned to heaven.

4. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Because he was present at creation.  He is part of the Trinity and always knew who he was.

5. skisy profile image83
    skisyposted 6 years ago

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." John 1:1

The Son of God (the Word) has always been present with God, and is God("the Word was God"). He has always known. Though Jesus was human he didn't become more self aware like we do as we get older, he was always aware of who He was. It is hard to fathom a baby knowing of his own importance and being self aware to such a degree, but though human, he was also God and God's power was in Him:

"The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth." John 1:14

6. DoubleScorpion profile image81
    DoubleScorpionposted 6 years ago

His Mother told him of course...and She was told by the Angel Gabriel.