jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Do you believe that giants actually existed at some point in the past?

1. MysteryPlanet profile image65
    MysteryPlanetposted 6 years ago

Do you believe that giants actually existed at some point in the past?

There seems to be a lot of evidence to show that giants were in fact real "creatures". Hints in the Bible, archaeological finds etc. Is it just a myth or were there really giants?

2. ExplodingPopTart profile image58
    ExplodingPopTartposted 6 years ago

I have heard these theories, but as for archaeological evidence I don't think it's enough to prove that there were giants in the past.
    There was a special on the History Channel on how scientists were thinking that's how The Great Pyramids and Stone Henge were built, but I am leaning more towards the idea that these great constructions were just the product of a LOT of human will-power!

3. ArtByCari profile image63
    ArtByCariposted 6 years ago

I never heard that before. What kind of evidence have they found?

4. kentuckyslone profile image85
    kentuckysloneposted 6 years ago

Yes, I really do believe that they did exist. As to what their nature was or where they came from (or went) I do not know.

5. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

We would have to define "giant" first.  I believe that giants did and do exist--look at NBA players, or the late Andre the Giant.  People come in all shapes and sizes, always have.

6. Faceless39 profile image93
    Faceless39posted 6 years ago

Yes.  They're called dinosaurs.  But you mean the mythological giants?  Yes.  Most cultures have stories of giants in their so-called mythology.  I believe that myths have truth to them.

7. profile image0
    CollBposted 6 years ago

It's difficult to say for in the Bible, as you've mentioned, Goliath existed and can be proven through archaeological findings, though I can't recall another giant in history.

8. Cresentmoon2007 profile image73
    Cresentmoon2007posted 6 years ago

I def. do because of all of the religions out there. Many have stories that depict giant like creatures. The Greeks, the Romans, Christianity, there's a bunch of them that mention giants.

9. profile image36
    LORD ENKIposted 6 years ago

YES,YES,YES  You should buy the book "There were giants upon the earth" by Zecheria Sitchin!!!

working