Is Satan winning his fight with God?

Jump to Last Post 1-29 of 29 discussions (29 posts)
  1. Darknlovely3436 profile image69
    Darknlovely3436posted 13 years ago

Is Satan winning his fight with God?

From  what is going on today, especially the disrespect christians is recieving,fron non-believers in the faith.... do you think that satan is winning?

2. jessica.written. profile image58
    jessica.written.posted 13 years ago

I don't think satan is real. quite possibly just some made up fictional character for all we know.
    have you ever felt the flames of hell?
    have you ever met anyone possessed by satan?
    and if so how do you know that that is truly hell to even begin with, it might just be a dramatic chain of events, or just earthly fear.

Just because some book says you should believe it doesn't mean that it is valid, or truthful, it could simply mean that man has been fooled all along by this one book, and now that everyone is so wrapped up in it, it almost seems stupid not to believe.

but personally i think humans are stupid and ignorant so i dont believe in something that is obviously so surreal.
    I wont believe in god out of fear of death.
    but just because i dont believe in god doesnt mean that i am a bad person, I still am a very helpful and happy citizen, I just dont want to put all my eggs in one basket.

3. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 13 years ago

what fight. if your god is almighty, how could satan possibly win?

4. Freeway Flyer profile image82
    Freeway Flyerposted 13 years ago

If you define Satan as Christians do, then Satan cannot possibly win. In fact, from a Christian perspective, I cannot figure out why Satan would even exist. Does God need angels to run the universe? Apparently, he must. Because if he did not, then there would have never been an angel to fall.

If you are a dualist, then I guess that Satan could be winning. It's important to remember, however, that we tend to define news as bad news. So we hear all about the bad things that happen each day, but the good things are taken for granted. Plus, I don't know if Christians receive any more disprespect than people of any other faith. We all tend to disprespect somewhat those that we disagree with.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Gods-Limitations

5. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 13 years ago

It is a losing battle. He is so confused and do not know how to stop AMBASSADOR BUTLER from exposing his lies and powerless to stop me from writing the greatest article on the earth and having it go around the world in 8 countries through 100 percent referring sites and he is so weak that my article is seen around the world and the members of hubpages can not see my article so that they may not tear it apart but Satan outwitted himself because my article is protected from hubpages members and it is being seen around the world who wants to see it and be blessed in their life through my article. GOD wins hands down. The greatest article on the earth have been written and Satan could not stop it from going around the world with me doing absolutely nothing else but waited patiently for the referring sites to find my article and spread it around the world of which they did when they found my article in 2 months before anyone else and have protected my article from being stolen. GOD have done this and all I have done was write it and set it free on the internet with Google on June 2010 A.D.

6. Dweiss profile image58
    Dweissposted 13 years ago

No, the fight is already over! Jesus' death on the cross was the final victory over sin and death. There is no fight between God and Satan, because that fight was won on the Cross. Now, in this day and age, it is merely a "cleaning up" if you will. We, as Christians, are heralds for God's Kingdom, and we are called to go out into the world and "make disciples of all nations" (Matthew 28). That is how we spread God's Kingdom, because His kingdom is here now! Again, there is no fight, for the victory is already won, its just cleaning up what's left over.
    To go on, "winning" in the sense that you mean is to say that there are more Christians than non-Christians.... But this is never implied in scripture that "victory" would come by there being more Christians than non-Christians and that there would be no more persecution.

7. framistan profile image58
    framistanposted 13 years ago

Satan is going to loose. I know because i read The Book and in the last chapter you can read where satan looses BIG.  But what really matters is who wins in your own personal life.  Satan will win lots of small battles with individuals who will not accept the truth. But it is their choice.

8. profile image52
    mariebmannposted 13 years ago

Satan is the hypnotic conspiracy who told you there was such a being in order to gain control of your "moral behavior" and your alms to support the church. A loving all powerful God could never be challenged by an evil that came from him if he is the benevolent creator. If Satan is in your mind, then I guess he may have an edge. But for me, since I am of God; I prefer not to play that game. Be free, you are God also. That's what "created in his image" means.

9. profile image0
    Sivisposted 13 years ago

I'm inclined to say yes, as the more that you look around, the more people you see falling into a similar mindset as Milton's Satan.

"Better to reign in Hell, than to serve in Heaven."

10. OrphanWorldGuy profile image61
    OrphanWorldGuyposted 13 years ago

There is no fight. God ultimately won with Christ's death and resurrection. The end has already been decided.

11. IamMaster profile image60
    IamMasterposted 13 years ago

Not sure, one fallen angel against "Almighty God". EXCEPT....
    1) If "God" was Almighty and All-knowing, then why would he have created Lucifer in the first place?
    2) If you believe in "God", then you probably believe in the Bible, which says that "God" will win.
    3) If "God" is all-powerful and everything, then why would there even be a battle in the first place? He says "free will", but didn't he, in fact, create both options? Him, or castigated Satan?
    In my opinion, religion is like a story. Or, more exact, a fairytale. "Faith like little children" is just that, a childish faith, right next to Santa Claws and all the fairy creatures.

12. SpiritPhilosopher profile image58
    SpiritPhilosopherposted 13 years ago

There is no fight, only a complete transformation process,
    from 'God' to Satan and finally the reverse process Satan to 'God'!

13. pirateprincess profile image59
    pirateprincessposted 13 years ago

No! Of course not! He's already lost once when Jesus died on the cross and he will loose again.

14. bestkidsfun profile image59
    bestkidsfunposted 13 years ago

Satan will not win the fight with God, because he is a fallen angel. He is misleading the people  away from God, but when Armageddon comes, he will be locked away.

15. Faceless39 profile image92
    Faceless39posted 13 years ago

Man, haven't you ever watched Star Wars?  There's no way.

16. MOEFLATS profile image68
    MOEFLATSposted 13 years ago

Satan is presently in control of everything.  The thing is that is exactly what prophecy says it will be like in the last days.  It isn't a permanent condition and God can restore every mind that has "fallen" to this soul-destroying spiritual plague.  A group of people who unquestioningly obey ONE THING grind up the souls of anyone who violates Biblical Law.  They seem to represent "organized homosexuality", but this is merely a symptom of a much more deadly phenomenon.   
         Satan has his own idea how things should be run, namely:  everyone gets broken down psychologically so that they can be programmed like machines.  This isn't God's plan, you must listen for God's Salvation Frequency if you are to survive the tumultuous ear-ringing which has driven many people to commit suicide. 
         I do not know what will happen to people victimized by this invisible organization.  God can restore their minds and even bring back people from the dead - so there is indeed hope. We must act and think wisely if we are to survive this "Spiritual Apocalypse".   See my other articles for ways to survive this spirit-breaking/programming!

17. mdiggs1234 profile image68
    mdiggs1234posted 13 years ago

I know there is no way satan is or will ever win...Have you not read the bible...?   God has already won...only people who dont really know the bible and truly have a personal relationship with god..can believe that satan can or is winning....for all the people who dont believe in god or satan....seeing is believing...one day soon u will see Jesus and satan and then you will know you have been blinded by satan...I'm praying for your blinders to be removed before it is too late...

18. thegodlight profile image59
    thegodlightposted 13 years ago

There is no such thing as satan, Satan is only in the minds of negative people, who have no other way of desribing the so called bad things that happen in life.

So the answer to your question is you can't win a war against something imaginary. It is all in the mind.

19. I_Lurk_ThoseCells profile image40
    I_Lurk_ThoseCellsposted 13 years ago

No, he just have overpaid manager.
    This is a joke of course, but in fact I believe people are by nature good and that we can make all work as civilization and as individuals. I am incurable optimist.

20. capncrunch profile image75
    capncrunchposted 13 years ago

I echo nightwork4.  How could Satan possibly win?

21. LuisGabriel2 profile image61
    LuisGabriel2posted 13 years ago

NO! God is almighty... In a way satan is dragging millions of people to hell but that is because men are fools (Men are too ignorant to see there is a war against their soul) But because God gave men the gift of choosing, then everyone decides their destiny; Heaven or Hell! It is not God's fault that anyone that denies Jesus Christ that died for our sins, doesn't make it to heaven... The truth is God doesn't give up on you until the day you die, even if your ignorant to see it. God will always place you the right path in front of you, but it is your choice if you want to follow the right path...

"Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it." - Matthew 7:13

Conclusion: No, satan is not winning his fight with God.

God Bless You All

22. Emmyboy profile image79
    Emmyboyposted 13 years ago

Even though it might look as if satan is gathering forces accross the globe nowadays, it will soon become nothing but a spent force when good finally triumphs over evil...

23. karowaki profile image61
    karowakiposted 13 years ago

If you ask this question...& maybe some others ask themselves or others this same question..well this is fostering doubt and faith is acceptance and belief(irrespective of the religion).

The other part of the question deals with respect for Christianity or Christians. Beauty, to a large extent does lie in the eyes of the beholder-look for respect and you shall see it around among all, unfortunately same is the case with disrespect.

As long as your beliefs and ideals are safe and strong and the faith that ultimately good prevails- Satan shall not win.

24. bucker98 profile image60
    bucker98posted 13 years ago

Satan is not winning... God is just letting him enjoy the rest of his time before God crushes him... Besides the disrespect thing, Christians are meant to have it. Jesus has already warned the apostles about it. It's sort of a test of faith.

25. NurseMKB profile image58
    NurseMKBposted 13 years ago

Satan is a defeated foe! He's putting up a big front.  But the more trouble he causes
    the mightier is the goodness power and blessings of God. .. to those who believe and put there trust in Him.  Jesus already beat Satan at the cross.

26. Darknlovely3436 profile image69
    Darknlovely3436posted 13 years ago

Amen to this,  I ask this question just to see how many people still believe in God, and so far a lot of folks still believe in him ... so Amen to this NurseMKB... peace within,
    one love

27. Gaizy profile image72
    Gaizyposted 12 years ago

As both are fictional entities, the question is meaningless.

28. profile image0
    HERBERT ubaldoposted 12 years ago

The answer is always NO, Satan can never win any battle with GOD,

29. profile image0
    VeronicaInspiresposted 11 years ago

Right now, he's enjoying his time leading people away from God. BUT IN THE END, WE WIN!!!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)