jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

How many miracles would it take to convince you Christ was legit?

1. DanuckInUSA profile image60
    DanuckInUSAposted 7 years ago

How many miracles would it take to convince you Christ was legit?

2. pay2cEM profile image82
    pay2cEMposted 7 years ago

Probably 16. No, wait. 30. Definitely 30. Of course, these would have to be VERIFIED miracles and not just CLAIMS of miracles, which anyone can make up.

3. profile image0
    CollBposted 7 years ago

One.

The miracle of Christ returning from the dead in all his glory.  The other prominent works he did like raising Lazarus from the dead, feeding the poor and curing the deaf and dumb, also show Christ's works as being miraculous but it is his rising from the dead which confirmed to me, his glory.

4. peterxdunn profile image59
    peterxdunnposted 7 years ago

First you would have to convince me that he actually existed. There is no real historical evidence. Yes there are references to a Christ or Christos and Chrestus but these are references to a title (meaning 'anointed one') the same as Messiah.

It is well known among historical scholars that there were a great many claimants to the title Messiah or Christ roaming Judea in the first century AD. There was one: documented by Josephus Flavius, called the Egyptian Messiah who preached to over thirty thousand people on Mount Olive.

If you read the epistles of John the Elder you will find that - when he uses the term 'antichrist' - it is to these people that he is referring. Not Barrack Obama.

5. Ancillotti profile image60
    Ancillottiposted 7 years ago

No he has not already done. His sacrifice for us has been a clear dmeonstração of its legitimacy.
    I believe until milafre would not be so necessary ... the love he emanated could surely be felt by looking in your eyes. He is real and true son of God and I absolutely believe it and do not need to cite facts to prove my faith, since it's the air, we do not see, but we know it's there.

6. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 7 years ago

It took only His voice, speaking to me, calling me by name.

The " miracles" were acknowledged later.  They are still happening, but first........I believed.

7. ii3rittles profile image82
    ii3rittlesposted 7 years ago

None. I have faith and faith is knowing something to be truthful without any real proof. It's believing with out seeing.

8. yankeeintexas profile image60
    yankeeintexasposted 7 years ago

I already believe! But, if you think about it He preformed many miricles while he was on Earth, and then the Apostles preformed miricles. Out of all this many still did not believe because it was not what they wanted!

9. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

even one would be a good start. so far miracles have never happened though some CLAIM they have. one miracle and at least it would cause me to stop and think .

10. Ms. Butterfly profile image71
    Ms. Butterflyposted 7 years ago

It seems to me, that the biggest and the only one obvious miracle is faith of millions of people.

11. Roger Rabbit profile image58
    Roger Rabbitposted 7 years ago

If I win the lottery tomorrow I think that would be enough.

12. Z-Lilly profile image59
    Z-Lillyposted 7 years ago

There could not be enough miracles to convince me that Christ was “legit.” Assuming you mean that he died for all my sins and all that other jazz. I honestly don’t understand how so many of you creative souls cannot see outside of the box that society has placed you in.
    I’m not one to bash another’s beliefs but this one just doesn’t make any sense to me. It’s hypocritical, unaccepting, and just seems like a good science fiction novel a hippy from the seventies wrote.
    Take other religions that involve karma, rebirth, and others that just preach the idea of living a “good” life. They make so much more sense.
    I apologize for stepping on all of your toes but really think about what christianity is. It’s a flawed idea. I can go further into detail if you would like. I welcome an objections as I am very open minded and welcome all other perspectives.

working