Lead me not into temptation!

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (50 posts)
  1. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 14 years ago

Why is it so necessary for someone to tell me what religion they are?  I am so tempted to verbally voice my opinion but the better side of me says, "Don't do it Sandy, you know what kind of conflict this will cause as if the situation isn't already barely bearable."

1. Colin T Mercer profile image60
      Colin T Mercerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi There i am Colin T Mercer I am new to the hub but i havea vew hubs relating to religion that may at least make you smile

regards

1. profile image0
        sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Which ones?  I am totally down for a smile. smile

2. profile image0
    rednckwmnposted 14 years ago

oh, trust me, if you give in, as crazy as this sounds were this is a virtual world and all....you feel kinda crappy.
    You get all crazy, and think..I CANT TAKE IT ANY MORE!!! I ahve to put in my 2 cents...and spout off somethign you end up regretting..
    becuase behind all those nasty words, "idiot" "liar" and "troll" "god" and "love"....are real people with lives, and who knows what going on. Stay strong.

3. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

I wont tell you wink
    I hear you ,its way way freaky lately,and seriously over the top
    Read a great hub pgrundy wrote this morning ,kinda put Hp in perspective for me again..

4. profile image0

Thanks ya'll.  This is something that is going on in real life.  Virtual talk... that don't mean nothing and I certainly hope that people on the internet don't actually let what gets said on a forum upset their lives. 

I shouldn't even be letting what is going on in my personal life upset me.  I needs to get a handle on my emotions and just keep being the big girl that I am. lol.

I think that is mostly what is getting under my skin too.  I know that it is necessary to be the bigger person, bite my tongue and just do what is right... but ZOMG! 

When you have to do this and the other person is telling you "Because I am Catholic"... well you get the point.  I think? smile

ps. especially, especially, especially when that person is telling flat out lies.

1. profile image0
      rednckwmnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

see that is kinda what I was trying to say.
      for me..computer world can be shut off, no big deal AT ALL. Yesterday, real life problems...try to ignore then with the computer..TOTAL overreaction.(religion does it ever time..you think i owud knwo better by now..) I try to remeber that, when I am typing. I would not want to be reponsable for pushing someone "over the edge." written words can have a hurtful effect, even if they shouldnt.

1. profile image0

Indeed your right, it can do that. I wouldn't want to be that person either.  Unfortunately, you can't be responsible for somehow knowing who you are really going to effect.

I think there was one time of the forum (I don't know if the person was for real or not) that wanted to commit suicide.  I was like do it, whatever and others were saying the same thing.  But after I wrote it, I had to go back and belay my words because it's not sure if the person was being really serious or just posing. 

It's hard to tell in the internet sometimes.

1. profile image0

EXACTLY!!! so you coming to our partay?

5. Eaglekiwi profile image74

Ohok
    Personal stuff does have a way of effecting the way we are, just does, good,bad,indifferent.

Emotions huh grrrr...
    Stereotypes piss me off alot Ive discovered, how can one box fit any human between these "  ".

But be encouraged Sandra ,Ya know it will pass in 10 mins , 10 months , or 10 years wink

6. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

I think perhaps it is a Contraception problem that really lies behind what is being promoted by them. hmm

Often some blame their parents for the fact that it failed... While some parents blame them becoz the sex was bad anyway! smile

7. Eaglekiwi profile image74

Lies...ohhhhhhh yep that'll get ya every time!

You need a happy party wink

8. profile image0

Woot! (woot courtesy of Marissa... I stole it from her) let's have a party!  That should make me forget in about 10 minutes of course no virgin drinks allowed. lol

1. profile image0

you can join me, EK, MM Mr V, BC and CG over on the slim shady thread for my hubbys birthday bash..oh yeah, and emie is coming for breakfast. smile we got wine, party balls, steak and salad, potoates with REAL butter...gonna be good...clothign optional.  smile

1. Jane@CM profile image61
        Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If clothing is optional, I'm on my way...LOL

9. Davinagirl3 profile image60
    Davinagirl3posted 14 years ago

I think some people reiterate their beliefs as a form of bragging.  They have to remind THEMSELVES that they are "good" and "right".  When people force their belief system on me, I feel as if I have been attacked.  Everyone believes differently, if even only slightly differently.  It is the same with the people who feel the need to express every aspect of their political views.  No one cares...

1. profile image0

Actually it feels sorta that way; that I am not important and thou holy ones feelings are all that matters.  I must be very careful where I step.

My opinion is irrelevant, I may not say anything with regards to certain actions and I must sit quietly and take all the criticisms. 

Yet, if I say nothing...then saying nothing is just as bad as saying something.  I say something and the could accidentally set her off. 

Wait... I set her off no matter what I do.  Can't say nothing and can't say something.  That's what I got to deal with.  So frustrating.

Yet I have to just suck it up.

1. profile image49
        badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sandra your opinion is relevant and on here you are in the top 5 hubbers on this site. I know real life is different from being on a website but the person behind the screen isnt. I took critism from my ex for years but looking back now she was the one that saw life through negatitive eyes, now when I hear that Lily Allen song I think of her.

Now you smile girl and remember you are a special person because trust me you sure as hell are !

1. profile image0

here here!!!! or ist hear hear!!  ?? I mean..I agree!!!!

2. profile image0

this is a "real life" person? do email me....

3. Davinagirl3 profile image60
        Davinagirl3posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree, and it has taken me months to realize what you guys already know.  I have stopped giving my opinions on certain forums because my feelings will either be brushed aside, or shat upon.

1. profile image0

and brushed aside almost stinks more, doesnt it?

1. profile image0

Brushed aside and also told that they know they are doing it.  Great golly gee willackers.

1. profile image0

well, they pray for you. right? I have to go to town, I plan on sinning later tonight... Ill be back. You guys have a great day!!

1. profile image0

Well have a good time, be safe, don't drink and drive, use protection and have one for me. big_smile

1. profile image0

I never drink and drive...I got my kids with me!! I dont need protection, don't tell anybody, but my hubby did the snip so I wouldn't have too...and you bet!! I'll have 2 for you. Later, after Im done driving!! smile the "sin" has to do with ..nevermind.

1. profile image0

Let's just say..it isn't "practical" HAHAHA!!  lol

2. profile image0

I actually think they pray for themselves.  "May god show her that I am right and she is wrong" sort of thing.

1. Davinagirl3 profile image60

I think you may be on to something.  The airwaves are clogged with prayers like that. That's why God stopped answering.

1. profile image0

Yeah, I kept dialing for years but kept getting a busy signal.  When I finally got threw he said, "Please hold for the next available representative." lol

2. profile image0

It totally sucks to be the bigger person.  Davingirl, you rock, I love you. big_smile

10. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Sandra I'm a Catholic. HEHEHE Sorry I couldn't resist. and I actually don't mind when ppl tell me their religion because I am interested in learning more about their religion. Except for when they start preaching then I get irritated.

1. profile image0

Someone telling me what their religion is when there isn't confrontation is conversation called getting to know a little about someone and welcomed. 

Someone telling me this while in confrontation makes me wonder what the friggin' point is other then trying to either put fear in me or asking for more sympathy for ignorance. 

I enjoy learning about people religions too but come on...

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yep I hear ya Sandra I hear ya...

11. quietnessandtrust profile image62
    quietnessandtrustposted 14 years ago

This all sounds like everyone is co-dependent on each other.

One must have not have merely thick skin.

It must be skin of armor !!!

1. profile image49

It's actually spelt armour, I hate those cheap christian educations !

1. quietnessandtrust profile image62
        quietnessandtrustposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am a Welshman myself and only wear the best !

1. profile image49

Yeah I hear you Welsh men wear sheep well lol !

2. Davinagirl3 profile image60

"Co-dependent" connotes that someone needs another's approval to validate themself.  If I felt the need to log on to the internet and spout off about my religion with every breath, I would be co-dependent.  The ones who go on and on about their religion are doing it for two reasons.  They need validation for their beliefs, or they want to argue with those who don't believe the way they do.  I have seen these posts and I cannot believe that the "believers" do not post some of these threads to cast judgement on those who disagree with their beliefs.

12. profile image49
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

Oh Boyo lol !

13. quietnessandtrust profile image62
    quietnessandtrustposted 14 years ago

Royalty does not stoop.

1. profile image49

Yeah ya said on another thread, yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, I hate cut and paste !

2. profile image0

Apparently royalty doesn't do anything at all. smile  Extreme dependency.

3. Davinagirl3 profile image60

How does "Royalty" get into his/her car, then?  Does "Royalty" crouch, or "hunker"?

1. profile image0

Doyee, the servant removes the foot stool.  Gosh! lol

14. Colebabie profile image59
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

I'm not really sure Sandra. I think maybe they're waiting for that one person who will say "Really? Teach me everything you know! I'd like to be converted and be just like you."

I think most people understand that someone can be happy and a good person having a different religion than their own, or no religion at all. But some people... not so much.

1. Davinagirl3 profile image60

lol lol lol

2. profile image0

Did you mean... some people not at all? lol

1. Colebabie profile image59
        Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That too smile

15. mobilephone guide profile image61
    mobilephone guideposted 14 years ago

religious debate is an emotional drama

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)