jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What knowledge about the soul do you know to be true despite your having no proo

1. Quirinus profile image70
    Quirinusposted 6 years ago

What knowledge about the soul do you know to be true despite your having no proof of it?

When did you learn about it?  How did it change your life?

2. profile image0
    Aka Professor Mposted 6 years ago

If by Soul you are referring to the Energy, Spirit,  Prana, Life Force, L Field, Ki, Chi or Essence of anything or entity I believe that proof does in fact exist. The Latest Electron microscopes used in combination with Kiriian Photography   comes to mind as the example of energy signatures being made visible for all to see.

The evidence in Quantum Physics further exemplifies this with its evidence of the proof that everything is energy vibrating at various frequencies. Since Energy is indestructible and only changes its frequency to change form, then by the logical application and assumption of Newtonian principles Souls are the energy signatures which we all possess.

Extrapolating this we see the following as valid and therefore True. If energy is the accepted source for all things we can assume the following, What holds through for energy also holds through for us as well. Ergo as energy beings we have souls and therefore the energy signature is another name for the SOUL!

3. NateSean profile image75
    NateSeanposted 6 years ago

The soul is energy. I came to the conclusion that whether you believe in relgion or not, the soul is still a living entity that contains conciousness.

As such, we human beings are basically two symbiotic beings. An intelligence contained in a biological casing. When that casing dies and is completely destroyed, our souls will be free.

My knowledge doesn't come from a book. It comes from pure experience.

4. micadeolu profile image48
    micadeoluposted 6 years ago

The soul is the life force in a man. It is the breath of life in mankind. Some religion call it the 'prana' and so on. The soul is different from the spirit. The spirit is expression itself. Your thoughts, imaginations, speeches, writings, aesthetics, etc.

I learned about this when I went into a trance and was able to glance into the spiritual realm.

5. Tusitala Tom profile image61
    Tusitala Tomposted 6 years ago

You use the wrong word, Quirinus.  I'd have asked: "What 'experience' about the soul do you know to be true despite having no proof of it?"

Proof is one thing, personal experience another.   It's having to have 'proof' that get the scoffs from the skeptics.  Such people cannot understand that nothing is stronger in making an impression than subjective experience.   Experience is not just simply believing, it is KNOWING.   Once you know, you don't need proof from anyone else.

I KNOW what I am in essence.  From that I deduce we are all of that essence.  But I can't prove it.   I can tell of my experiences, but then it only becomes knowledge, and knowledge is something people argue about.

6. edhan profile image60
    edhanposted 6 years ago

Soul is like when we are in our dream state. Not knowing whether or not we are dreaming or our soul is traveling. If one practice soul traveling, then he/she will have the experience of being a place that they never physically being there.

7. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 6 years ago

The Spirit

In Hebrew "soul" has a different meaning than in the Western world
    A person is composed of a unity of different parts, the mind, thought, emotion, personality, body, blood, organs, etc. This word is often translated as “soul,” implying an abstract entity contained within a person. But, the Hebrew meaning of this word is “the whole of the person” and can be understood as a “being,” “person” or “entity.” This word can be used for man (as seen in Genesis 2:7) and animals (as seen in Genesis 1:21 where it usually translated as “creature”). The root of this word, naphash means “to refresh” in restoring the whole of the person to its wholeness through rest and nutrition.

The Spirit
    The part of us that comes from and goes back to God, the part that is encoded with the knowledge of God is the Spirit. The Hebrew word ??? said ru'ahh, means wind. It is from the root word "rach" which means "advised" or "recommended path". "Wind that follows a certain path". Spirit within a man describes his character. So he either follows the advised path or he doesn't. Elohim put into a man, the character or nature to follow the path given to him. It is the shadow of God.

The word for Holy Spirit is ru'ach.

EDIT: It won't let me put the Hebrew words here, and replaces them with ????

When the bible says the soul will die, it means the peraon. The physical body will no longer think or anything.
    But our spirit has many things (you, your thoughts, personality, attitudes, knowledge etc) written on it. This part of you lives on and does not die. It returns to God when it is ready.

8. cascoly profile image61
    cascolyposted 6 years ago

Amazing how many people think that quoting the bible is 'proof' of anything.  you dont have to be a skeptic, just a rational thinker, to ask that extraordinary claims offer some sort of evidence before we take them seriously.

despite that, your question is self defeating - without proof there's no way to proclaim it truth! self knowledge, experience, etc, may lead you to BELIEVE in a soul, but truth takes more than someone saying it's so

9. Ancillotti profile image61
    Ancillottiposted 6 years ago

The soul is our essence and is what causes us to overcome limitations. Often our physical body brings challenges, but only acting with the soul can beat them.