jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you think God conveys message through dreams?

1. bdn9385 profile image70
    bdn9385posted 6 years ago

Do you think God conveys message through dreams?

Dreams per Science are nothing but brain activity during a man's subconscious state, thus, the number of them per night comes in multitude and are actually hard to recall. But have you dreamt of a dream lately where you can recall every single detail during the period you were sleeping and the coherence and relevance in every scene is such that you thought you are awake and not at all asleep?

2. profile image0
    jomineposted 6 years ago

If there were any God, we may as well think like that!
    Alas! there should be a god for that...

3. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

No, I don't believe he does.  It is dangerous to combine God and our own conscience--how can we know the difference?  How many people have acted in an evil way and said--God told me to do that!

God speaks to us through Scripture and by giving us His Son, Jesus Christ.  What more does He need to say?

(I can already see the little red down "arrows" adding up:-)

4. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

Yes, I do indeed.

What better time for God to get out attention than when we are relaxed, and yet, our brain is still active?

But, I do not see a guided message or revelation in every silly dream.........

5. Pierre Savoie profile image59
    Pierre Savoieposted 6 years ago

What you describe, a dream appearing more detailled than usual as if you were awake, already has a name.  It is a lucid dream.  You can train yourself to recall more of your dreams and even develop to the point of lucid dreams.  I read a book called Creative Dreaming by Dr. Patricia Garfield.  This book does not believe dreams have any deep, symbolic meaning or can be used to communicate with spirits, though.  It is, as you say, just your brain's activity to reframe thoughts, sometimes bizarrely.

6. sam3m profile image60
    sam3mposted 6 years ago

probably not.  if there is a god, and if he were concerned enough to contact me, he would probably open up a cloud and yell "hey, dummy!  cut that out!"