jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Does SEX has any spiritually meaning?

1. Dreatech profile image58
    Dreatechposted 6 years ago

Does SEX has any  spiritually meaning?

Jst woundering if sex have any impact on man spiriually.

2. CJ Andrews profile image92
    CJ Andrewsposted 6 years ago

I would have to say it depends on the man/woman.  There use to be religions that had orgies (Cybele was one of them in Roman times).  There are a lot of studies that indicate that after having sex two people feel  closer together. 
    Psychologically after sex most people feel this closeness and assume that they know the person very well.  There are hypothesis that state this is why so many people now days break-up.  They have had sex too fast and do not know each other and make assumptions about one another.
    Sex makes me a nicer person for awhile.  I guess that some would consider that spiritual smile

3. Harlan Colt profile image75
    Harlan Coltposted 6 years ago

I believe it depends on the man and the depth of his character and conscience. Some men can sleep with anything, anywhere, anytime and feel gratified and self-confident. (I believe that to be false pride and esteem.) Other men experience the same gratification and a deeper emotional connection being completely monogamous. Either example I believe affects one's spirituality. I believe the former ultimately destroy's one's esteem and spirituality and the latter builds it up. My two cents.
    - Harlan

4. Steph0596 profile image76
    Steph0596posted 6 years ago

Hi Dreatech
    Spirituality can be seen in virtually anything in our lives. Part of being grounded and living life to its fullest is to enjoy and appreciate life and human contact. We are blessed to love and share an intimacy that was meant for pro-creation and our survival as a species on earth. The act of sex can be seen as creating an energy, just like running, jogging or biking, but the difference is that there is a release of this energy, releasing hormones and endorphines or feel good chemicals into our body.
    That being said, there are also practices of something called
    "sex magick", which is basically using your intent or focusing that energy towards a desired goal or outcome. If you are interested in reading more about this please see also
    "Tantric healing":http://www.tantricmassage.net/what_is_tantric_massage.htm
    Its interesting reading if nothing else.

5. Dreatech profile image58
    Dreatechposted 6 years ago

I quite agree with you all, my fellow hubber, except for NathanielZhu, who se pespective seems to be in contrary with ours. Thank you all--> God lives.

6. Edoka Writes profile image60
    Edoka Writesposted 6 years ago

I believe it does, because it was created, per the bible, for husband and wife to not only multiply, but to quench our lustful desires.

7. Aley Martin profile image77
    Aley Martinposted 6 years ago

the best book on this is called "Intimacy" by Osho.

8. zduckman profile image60
    zduckmanposted 6 years ago

In my mind...The difference between sex and making love is the emotional depth involved. When you tuely connect with another on a physical and emotional level it is ABSOLUTELY a spiritual experience. That is what Tantra is all about the merging of souls.

9. micadeolu profile image49
    micadeoluposted 6 years ago

That very point ecstasy people call orgasm in sex is the gate between this realm and another lower realm. At that point according to what the angel that work with me says all souls must pass to this world. They must go to the lower realm first and then become elevated to climb to the gate and be incarnated into the womb.

This act of sex is very sacred but it is a pity many in this world take it as things to toy with and make fun of. This is where the great ark angel that rules mankind sits and takes record of all that man does while in this world.

Any one found wanting will be stamped with the mark of the beast (666) and so become vulnerable to all sorts of diseases.

10. Perpeptua profile image60
    Perpeptuaposted 5 years ago

some religions believe it is the key to achieving enlightenment.