jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What if the opposite of what you believe in (spiritually) happened to be the tru

1. teacherfidel profile image75
    teacherfidelposted 6 years ago

What if the opposite of what you believe in (spiritually) happened to be the truth?

What would you change if you were told with 100% certainty that God does not exist? Or if you don’t believe in God, that he does exist?

2. dafreesan profile image75
    dafreesanposted 6 years ago

In my view spirituality is not belief or belief system. Spirituality begins with doubt and search. Your journey is already closed if you stick to any belief, ideologies or faith. In other words don't say 'god exist' or 'god doesn't exist' rather find the truth of god.

3. SpiritPhilosopher profile image53
    SpiritPhilosopherposted 6 years ago

There is only ONE Spiritual 'Truth', all others are opposite of this Truth and are called lies.
    Therefore 'Truth' is a permanent and an everlasting one and lies are  always temporary.

4. profile image0
    Muldanianmanposted 6 years ago

As a non-believer in God, if I were to be shown that he really did exist, I would be 'over-the-moon.'  I disbelieve because of a lack of evidence, not because I don't want to believe.  If I knew that God existed, I would know that there was a purpose to the world and to my life in it, and also that there would be somewhere to go after I died, instead of the oblivion I believe awaits us all.

5. www.lookseenow profile image61
    www.lookseenowposted 6 years ago

That’s a dilemma, God is real to me, and I have established a personal relationship with him, because he has written a book. In this book there are letters like correspondence from a loving father to a son.

This book teaches the truth, there is only one truth, how can I change anything in this book?  The book is copyrighted; it’s a crime against God to change it, add anything to it, or to take anything away from it.     

If you want to be a successful writer, first, you need a database.  This reservoir is what you’ve stored up over the decades, and hopefully you’ve saved most of it in files.  Then when you need information to form an article, you go to your database, to the Bible, and to your own memory of past episodes. Whatever you use to quote, show your references.  Never voice an opinion, or be ready to be challenged:  “where did you read that?” 

The truth you write is based on that really.  The truth inspires faith, and faith is the assured expectation of things that you hope for, and is supplemented by the evident demonstration of realities in your future, though not yet beheld.

6. profile image0
    vinsanityposted 6 years ago

Then I would believe it. If it is the truth than I would be fine with it. Currently I am believing in the truth and until that changes this is what I believe.

7. WindMaestro profile image61
    WindMaestroposted 6 years ago

Well, I suppose that I would be rather disappointed. After a period of being sad, and rather disheartened, I guess I would come to accept my current reality, and learn to make the best of it, and embrace it. And if also, I were not to exist anymore, contrary to my beliefs, well then, so be it. Life was nice while it lasted. I suppose, whatever my fate is after this life, I shall have to enjoy this life to its fullest, because I do know for sure, that this exists. smile

8. Thesource profile image81
    Thesourceposted 6 years ago

If I worry that the opposite of what I believe is  true, then I cannot believe in anything. I have to believe in something.  I am ready to change should I have an experience that suggests I was wrong.

Then there is faith where you believe in something without proof.
    My belief in God comes from my faith and not because of some book or somebody else telling me what to believe in.

9. vveasey profile image84
    vveaseyposted 5 years ago

That would be very interesting, agitating and illuminating!

working