WHAT IS THE SPIRITUAL EYE?

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (57 posts)
  1. profile image53
    novelist1000posted 14 years ago

When a person is said to have seen something with his spiritual eye, what exactly does that mean? Since God is spirit, we cannot actually see Him...so what is a spiritual eye and how is the event being seen?

1. chukra G profile image60
      chukra Gposted 14 years agoin reply to this

feelingssssssssssssssssssss

1. mohitmisra profile image61
        mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

We do see god with our spiritual eye. smile The spiritual eye is what you see with when your eyes are closed. "When thy eye be single" Jesus

2. Messenger_of_god8 profile image61
      Messenger_of_god8posted 14 years agoin reply to this

it is the eye of god   vision  make your eyes one and focus ask sympol questions about life and you gain spiritual knowledge this eye

3. mohitmisra profile image61

Its what is termed as inner eye or third eye by the Hindu mystics and Jesus says when they eye be single.

When you close your eyes, relax and concentrate ahead of you, what you are seeing with is your spiritual eye.

Its with this eye that you can see god.
      You race in tistunnle towards the Light, let god and become the Light.
      Then I have aso seen the Light in everything with my eyes open, but then like some say my third eye or spirtual eye has been awakened. smile

4. seyiari profile image60
      seyiariposted 14 years agoin reply to this

you need to understand that we humanbeings are spirit we have a soul and we are living in a body. for you to see things with your spiritual eyes , you need to understand this fact. your spiritual eyes can only be achieved by the help of holy spirit which is God in us.

5. profile image51
      servingyahposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you look into the mirror, and try to look directly into your pupils [ both of them simultaneously ] When you achieve perfect alignment you will see both of your eyes look like one, with the shadows and your nose you will see what is known as the all seeing eye or the [spiritual eye] like the one  the Egyptians used.  Like the one that is on the back of your dollar bill, or on the cable van.
         I do not recommend doing this. What they would call aligning the mind body and spirit [The trinity of Man]. The foundation for all Witchcraft and Sorcery. A turn from unity with The Creator and a return to unity with the created. Which we can clearly see is designated for destruction if we apply the rule of 72 ,to any natural process known to man. Add them all together  and square footage alone will tell the tale. The Messiah his name is Yahshuah  [ Joshua ] not Jesus check it out. No J in Hebrew.

6. profile image54
      (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

They were looking at the end piece of baloney.

1. profile image0
        Twenty One Daysposted 14 years agoin reply to this

of course you were Q, explains the sandwich w/ pickle you are in...
        lol

2. TheLoanConsultant profile image59
        TheLoanConsultantposted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile smile smile!

7. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is the knowledge that our bodies are just shells for our eternal essences.
      The event is being seen from either of two perspectives, for there are only two---Godly or unGodly.

2. Pr0metheus profile image57
    Pr0metheusposted 14 years ago

It's a metaphor for perceiving in a different dimension.  We couldn't really understand if someone said "perceiving with a 6th sense", so the eye and sight are used to bring that sort of perception down to a level humans can understand.

That's at least how it was explained to me....

1. profile image53
      novelist1000posted 14 years agoin reply to this

If we are perceiving in a different dimension do we see clearly as in the human eye or do we just feel the event happen if it is happening in the spiritual realm?

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think it is an awareness within, a spiritual sense. we can sense spiritually the same as we sense in the physical realm.
        my belief, anyway. smile

1. profile image0
          Madame Xposted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile

3. DennisBarker profile image59
    DennisBarkerposted 14 years ago

this sounds to me like the equivalent of the hindu "third eye" , seeing a whole picture rather than a dualistic picture. seeing opposites as part of a whole which moves and flows.

1. chukra G profile image60
      chukra Gposted 14 years agoin reply to this

third eye means our mind brother.

1. shanekruger profile image59
        shanekrugerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am agree with u

4. My Friend Shiyloh profile image60
    My Friend Shiylohposted 14 years ago

Being able to see beyond the illusion of the physical realm.
    To discern the thoughts and intentions of the hearts of others.
    To listen to the speaking silence.
    To know that perception is an illusion.
    Being aware of the invisible first and making the physical realm subject to you.
    Walking and moving in a realm that cannot be seen.
    To discern the truth in all things heard and seen rather than believe the lie of perceptions illusion.
    Testing the spirits of all mankind and discerning where they come from and who they represent.
    To rise above this realm and put physicality under your foot.
    Taking every thought captive and making it yield to love.

Love needs no defense and nothing can defend against love.

~Shiyloh~

1. profile image53
      novelist1000posted 14 years agoin reply to this
      1. profile image0
        reeltaulkposted 14 years agoin reply to this
    2. Jerami profile image59
      Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this
    3. repstrydiefly profile image66
      repstrydieflyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And also being able to let go of the ego that you possess individually and being able to love all people and spirits for who they are. The "sixth sense" is intuition. Intuition will help you to feel good energy, bad energy, love energy, evil energy, no energy, and any other type of energy, but you can use this to make decisions to your own specific advantages in your trek called life.

5. mymagicview profile image64
    mymagicviewposted 14 years ago

Your Inner Sixth Sense.

6. Marcus D Mays profile image60
    Marcus D Maysposted 14 years ago

The spiritual eye is seeing things as GOD sees them. Man can only see what is in front of him and he judges from that, it can be right or wrong. But GOD looks on the heart from within and His judgements are correct.

7. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 14 years ago

To have the gift of discernment is as having a spiritual eye.

8. topshelf profile image59
    topshelfposted 14 years ago

yea it sounds like the third eye, and they see the world not from human perspective, but another way

9. sannyasinman profile image60
    sannyasinmanposted 14 years ago

The third eye, or the sixth chakra is located at the forehead level, between the eyes and above the eyebrows. Also associated with the pineal gland.

10. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

I dont know what this means.... whether it is experiential or you can just feel it.

Experiental, close your eyes and focus on a point of light ahead of you, let me know once you have done that. Can you see the point of Light?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
        prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I cant see anything....just the sound of TV and a spot of orange when I close my eyes

Ok keep practicing, when you see something apart from the spot of orange its your inner eye or spiritual eye you will be seeing with .It takes a lot of concentration and is not easy to see the point of light. smile

11. profile image50
    child of christposted 14 years ago

THE MIND IS A POWERFUL THING, TO US ALL IT IS GIVEN  THE MIND EVERYTHING HAS AN ANSWER

12. profile image50
    child of christposted 14 years ago

THE SPIRITUAL EYE IS THE EYE THAT CAN SEE WHAT IS BEFORE IT, BUT ALSO THE EAR THAT CAN HEAR WHAT IS SPOKEN , IN SEEING YOU SHALL SEE AND SHALL NOT PERCEIVE AND  IN HEARING YOU SHALL HEAR BUT YOU SHALL NOT UNDERSTAND, SO THE GLITCH IN THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE MAKES YOU SEE AND HEAR WHAT SO EVER THEY WANT YOU TO FOLLOW AND OBEY AS WITH THE HALTER OR THE LEASH

13. profile image0
    loeshayposted 14 years ago

The spiritual eye as I understand it is the human ability to see the spiritual world. This is not easy in the beginning as imagination and true seeing often get mixed up in the process.
    By training the ability through prayer or meditation people learn and some learn very fast. There is lots to say here. Actually, this is more a subject for another hub.

14. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

I have no idea.

15. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 14 years ago

what some refer to as the 'all seeing eye', spiritual eye or 6th sense (being beyond the five senses of taste, touch, etc) is actually spirit. Not metaphysical, but the heart or purity of each person, directly connected to the Creator. When any one person goes 'beyond consciousness', that is, outside of their thinking, they are in spirit.

hence, a spiritual 'eye' which 'see' Creator/creation in a different 'light'. This thread is too short to explain the entire thing.

16. joshuachlim profile image59
    joshuachlimposted 14 years ago

"the light of the body is the eye.if your  eye is single, your whole body is full of light. but if your eye is evil, your whole body is full of darkness. if the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness! "  (Matthew 6:22-23)

there is the single eye that sees things clearly n normally.
    there is the evil eye that has double vision n the vision is blurred n cloudy,
    being colored by prejudices, lusts n desires.
    This blurring caused by love for earthly things also affects the person morally.

how clever at times, we are at explaining that a certain thing we do is not really dishonest.
    So we persusde ourselves by our explanations that all is well.
    but the real reason is our love of earthly things n the praises of men.
    These things control our thinking, our desires, n also our visions.
    the cares of his world can blur our visions
    n allow earhly things to grip our thinking n desires.
    the cares of this life is as dangerous as carousing n drunkedness.(Luke 21:34)

17. brianzen profile image59
    brianzenposted 14 years ago

"seeing without seeing" axiomic that we discover physical sight from a realm of spirit, just to need to return to seeing as spirit.

18. TheLoanConsultant profile image59
    TheLoanConsultantposted 14 years ago

Simply put, to see with The Spiritual Eye is being able to see into the Spirit Realm. Some people can see an evil spirit while others just get a bad vibe when an evil presence is around. When I am asleep I can see clearly into the spirit realm. When I am awake I cannot. When I'm awake, I cannot "see" into the spirit realm but I can "perceive". Whatever anyone can "see" with their Spiritual Eye, I can "perceive". Everyone has different gifts. Some "see" and others "perceive". But it all springs from a training and development of your Spirit Man. If this training and development is done the wrong way, you will open up doors to evil spirits. While there are many methods, the best way is just plain old fashioned holy and godly living. Some of these short cuts result in occurances such as "The Exorcism of Emily Rose", "Amityville Horror" and the like.

1. brianzen profile image59
      brianzenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I was blessed with that too young.

1. brianzen profile image59
        brianzenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

fortune favors the foolish, I am all good now,

1. TheLoanConsultant profile image59

I'm glad you're all good now. If by Zen, you're referring to meditation, yes I do practice that. Many Christians are against Zen because of Zen's philosophy of God and creation. However, what Zen practitioners have learned regarding the human mind, is quite impressive. And if one searches the scriptures deep enough you will find the same claims made regarding the human mind.

2. profile image54
      (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

We actually have terms for that phenomena, they're called "dreams."

How long have you lived with that delusion?

1. ceciliabeltran profile image65
        ceciliabeltranposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i don't get why you like to invalidate people like this. really. no mirror for this one. so you are puzzling.

19. brianzen profile image59

Try Zen, to actually use it by day. This is simply put the only way to use it to any benefit.

Rather then meditating on your the end tip of your nose over a period of time, try meditating on a particular verse of scripture for an extending period of time. And you will find that your consciousness is steadily expanding more and more towards the mind of God; and that it is easier to know the mind God and what His intent and purpose is for you. This meditation is also good to develop the faculties of concentration. Which for the most part are overlooked by many. As you'll notice in your conversations with people.They cannot hold their thought until your done speaking they feel compelled to interrupt and interject constantly. The result being that it takes you one hour and a half just to convey something that under normal circumstances should only have taken 10 or 15 minutes to present. Attention Deficit Disorder is no freakin disease! It's just a lack of development of their faculties of Concentration.

20. brianzen profile image59

I just left you fan mail, see you soon.

Ok!

21. msann1949 profile image60
    msann1949posted 13 years ago

I have heard this before. My answer is simple. Faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1
    We walk in the spirit by faith. Faith brings the two worlds together. We walk by faith not by what we see, what we hear or what we know in this material world. We walk by the eyes of faith. We have hope in knowing that all things will one day not be here, but faith will take us through all things even to the end of our walk into the arms of Jesus.

22. ceciliabeltran profile image65
    ceciliabeltranposted 13 years ago

the spiritual eye is the ability to sense relationships of events in such a way that transcends logic.

23. vector7 profile image61
    vector7posted 13 years ago

The spiritual eye.. Is the knowledge of God. Knowing the truth.

Jesus said He is the light of the world did He not? John 8:12

And He said said His words are spirit and are life..  John 6:63

Hence knowing the knowledge of Jesus Christ, who is the word of God, and His teachings within your mind and thoughts, is the light that enables spiritual sight.

Guidance of your actions through the truth of God's word. For your sins are actions compared to stumbling and falling. (John 11:9-10) If you can see spiritually you will see the things you would stumble over such as hate and greed.

The light of the knowledge of God's word (Jesus Christ) will make your spiritual life bright as day and you will see the greed, hate, and pride as things to walk around rather than stumbling over them and sinning.

You will be able to see with your spiritual eye because there is spiritual light..  Jesus..

smile

1. Druid Dude profile image58
      Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The spiritual eye is the Pineal gland, associated with the frontal lobe. Also called the third eye, it is said to be opened when you are touched by the Holy Spirit and you come into the full knowledge of God. The 12/21/12 event, it is claimed, is when the spirit is to be poured out upon all flesh. How Mayan cosmology might have gotten mixed in with christian mystical aspects, I don't have a clue.

1. vector7 profile image61
        vector7posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sure. The spiritual eye is a physical thing... right.

Spiritual.. has nothing to do with the physical..

You should post that completely off based opinion separately, rather than in reply to my post.

I suppose the gland is a "spiritual" gland right??

My goodness...

smile

2. Beelzedad profile image58
        Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, it would appear so as the pineal gland does little more than produce melatonin. smile

24. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 13 years ago

"this sounds to me like the equivalent of the hindu "third eye"
    "It's a metaphor for perceiving in a different dimension.  We couldn't really understand if someone said "perceiving with a 6th sense", so the eye and sight are used to bring that sort of perception down to a level humans can understand."
    As was being discussed: 'Law of Attraction? Is it Science or Hocus-Pocus?', it also can be called intuition, a window to the future, extra sensory perception or contact with one's spirit.

25. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 13 years ago

"Yes, it would appear so as the pineal gland does little more than produce melatonin."
    Agree. The concept of the 'Third Eye' represents a non-physical entity akin to feeling or thought.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)