jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

AJ is submitting to preach after all else fails wrong?

1. Hitmangordo profile image75
    Hitmangordoposted 6 years ago

AJ is submitting to preach after all else fails wrong?

I got saved in 1978, I've started a few small business none of which did anything. I really beleive if it had been anyone else they would have done well. My wife agrees with me. We've taught children's church over 30 yrs. I know I have a pastor heart and have preached when given a chance. I've never been one to beg to let me preach and have been left out. I'm 55 yrs but still have a desire to preach. I feel like I've failed at every thing else but I want to preach, is it wrong to want to continue after ministry when I failed,can it be God's way to show me what I should have been doing all alon

2. Apostle Jack profile image61
    Apostle Jackposted 6 years ago

There is something that God is trying to show you.There are things you must do first.You have to be prepared in spirit and tried.Read these scriptures:Pro 24 v 27......2 Tim2 v 6...1 Tim 3 v 5....1 Tim 3 v 3... Titus 1 v 7-11 and Isa 28 v 10

3. Hitmangordo profile image75
    Hitmangordoposted 6 years ago

Thanks, AJ I read all the scrips you gave me and I think I'm ok in all these areas. I agree that God is trying to tell me something. I know that when I'm preaching or teaching I never feel better! I feel like when I am that I'm doing what God wants me to. It's just that I feel bad like I'm putting God last instead of first when I've tried everthing first and now when I'm at the age of 55 to want to start preaching.

4. manatita44 profile image83
    manatita44posted 5 years ago

Failure is simply refusing to get up! Never give up! This should be the motto of your life.
    Our minds want something and usually our hearts wants another. If we sit in the silence and stillness of the morn we can usually know Gods Will. It is really the voice of inner conscience or God. We need to listen with faith, purpose, regularity, method and constant practice, and God's will can be known. Many times we are simply giving way to ego. Hope this helps.