jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Should an astrological sign be a dealbreaker when choosing to date someone?

1. jcm_blabs profile image84
    jcm_blabsposted 6 years ago

Should an astrological sign be a dealbreaker when choosing to date someone?

In other words, do you care for the Zodiac when trying to find love?

2. fen lander profile image81
    fen landerposted 6 years ago

Myself I always want to know not only the sign but as an astrologer I want to know date, time and place of her/his birth and construct a chart there from. The sign as a basic pointer to compatibility/incompatibility is too broad a brush with which to paint and know someone's persona, their character etc, though it is an essential piece of information. But it shouldn't be a deal-breaker if it transpires that one's 'intended' is stamped with a zodiacal imprint that is usually judged incompatible with one's own imprint. Human Beings can make anything work if they want it bad enough. In the end I say get to know someone before using astrological lore, 'cos in the end that's the only way to know whether you are compatible or not. Hope this answer works for you. Fen Lander

3. Extinct Soul profile image59
    Extinct Soulposted 6 years ago

No. I believe that opposite poles attract. ^_^ Like me, I was kinda fallen into a trap of having my friends and special someone on the opposite side of my zodiac sign. I don't know why is that, but I use to read their astrological qualities to help me understand them better and make some adjustments to make us compatible.

4. Merlin Fraser profile image79
    Merlin Fraserposted 6 years ago

What a load of superstitious nonsense, to allow anything so petty to rule your life is beyond ridiculous and borders upon stupidity.   What happens when it goes wrong, does it give you grounds to sue the astrologer ?

Could anyone be so insecure as to rely upon astrology to make decisions on their behalf, you might as well pray or toss a coin every time instead and it will be as accurate but then you get the option to blame God or put it down to bad luck when the relationship ends !

5. Dawn the Chip profile image58
    Dawn the Chipposted 6 years ago

No a sun sign is such a small part of a persons astrological chart.
    If everyone just looked at sun signs everyone would be in 1 of 12 categories which is ridiculous!

As an astrologer though I am interested in the full date of birth/time and place.

6. Jewels profile image85
    Jewelsposted 6 years ago

Absolutely not.  It has been mentioned before that the Sun is only a small part of a very big pie and in many charts the Sun is often smothered.

Another huge consideration is the 23 degree difference in zodiac signs due to the movement of the pole star - the earth is on a tilt as the scientists will attest.  This means that most people are actually not the sun sign they think they are and need to move themselves 23 paces into the previous sign.  So it's really a false note for people to take notice of Sun Signs when choosing a partner. 

The angles are the most prominent influence and not Sun Signs.

7. nikkaushik profile image60
    nikkaushikposted 6 years ago

YES it is .. and not only yours sign your partner sign is also important then comes the Horoscope Chart... and here in India it is a tradition to match the horoscope of bride and groom before their marriage if it is having a good score then they are married and if there are any pros and cons then they will be rectified according  to the traditions....

However, if u don't believe this you can Google the divorce ratio in India its like 1.1%
    Astrology does helps a lot in our daily life in every aspect.

working