jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What's the most inspiring quotation you've seen in a subway (or inside a train)?

1. krisingreen profile image60
    krisingreenposted 6 years ago

What's the most inspiring quotation you've seen in a subway (or inside a train)?

Have you ever read anything that's really interesting while riding a train and suddenly the quote or line (could be vandalism) felt right for the situation you're in?

2. krisingreen profile image60
    krisingreenposted 6 years ago

mine is: "the road we travel on is dark but God's guiding light will never fail us". I saw this during a time when I was doubting myself and my faith. It was very timely and great.

3. profile image0
    Valoric Fireposted 6 years ago

"Get Goetz before he gets you"...NYC subway vandalism...this of course was referring to the NYC subway vigilante Bernhard Goetz. Incidentally, I decided to inquire about a conceal carry license in NYS - However after much research, I quickly learned I was living in a draconian police state judging by the legal hoops you must jump through to even get a range only permit.

4. profile image0
    writeronlineposted 6 years ago

.....................        'Dyslexics rule. KO.'

5. bethperry profile image91
    bethperryposted 6 years ago

It was on a small local to local town train, out near the boondocks; a thoughtful reminder to passengers written on a legal bound notebook paper and taped on the wall. To paraphrase: "If you're reading this you are probably educated enough to read and comprehend our suggested procedures designed to insure for a safe and amicable trip while on this train - see placard below. Thank you, the Conductor. PS- if your fellow passengers cannot read this please just tell them igits I said to keep the hell to their dam seats until the next stoppy."
    It did make laugh!

6. stricktlydating profile image82
    stricktlydatingposted 6 years ago

This wasn't about the situation I was in, but when I saw it I found it quite sweet, amusing and sad at the same time!

7. wilbury4 profile image71
    wilbury4posted 6 years ago

......... I couldn't believe it..... I was stood where "Kilroy" once stood........