jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What's the strangest experience you've had while riding a subway train?

1. janshares profile image97
    jansharesposted 4 years ago

What's the strangest experience you've had while riding a subway train?

Your story can be funny, shocking, scary, or whatever made it strange. Please share the city of the subway system.

2. profile image0
    Joanne M Olivieriposted 4 years ago

I was riding home on the L Taraval streetcar in San Francisco and I was standing across from the exit door.  Everyone on the train was quiet except for this one young guy who was sitting by the door and kept looking down on the ground next to him where the woman was sitting and holding plastic bags.  Every couple of seconds he would burst out laughing.  I kept looking over as did everyone else and could not figure out what he was laughing at.  Long story short the woman with the plastic bags got up to get off the streetcar when all of a sudden two pigeons came flying out of the bags and onto the heads of many of the passengers.  Everyone started screaming and I decided to avoid the "poop factor" on my already bad hair day and just get off the streetcar.  I walked down the corner of the street and looked back to see what was happening when one of the pigeons took off to the friendly skies while the other one was being forced head first back into the owner's bag.  One of those "Only in San Francisco" scenes smile

jansharesposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Lol, great story, Joanne. That made me chuckle, the visuals alone. Thanks for sharing.

3. profile image0
    Jeanastraposted 4 years ago

Here's one of many on the MBTA (aka "T") in Boston......It was a hot, humid day and I was riding the Orange Line on my way to see my boyfriend when this weirdo who was sitting across from me, decided to set his focus my way.  He started saying things like, "Are you a model?"  "You should be a model for the T!"  These types of comments continued, with passengers getting on at each station and enjoying the "show".  I tried to discourage him and just when I was about to bolt he yelled, "I'M OVERWHELMED BY YOUR FEMININITY!" and started jumping up and down on his seat while also giggling uncontrollably.  The worst part was, he got out at the same stop and I had to run to get away from him.  Harmless but embarrassing.

jansharesposted 4 years agoin reply to this

OMG, Jeanastra, LMAO. That is unbelievable. Thank you so much for sharing that.

working