jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is your philosophy of life?

1. EuroCafeAuLait profile image85
    EuroCafeAuLaitposted 6 years ago

What is your philosophy of life?

2. Jonesy0311 profile image59
    Jonesy0311posted 6 years ago

I get mine from Ben Franklin: "Always be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each year find you a better man."

I also like "the best gift you can give your neighbors is a well-kept lawn."

3. jkhan profile image60
    jkhanposted 6 years ago

In Benjamin Desrailly's words, I want to be ever ready when my opportunity for success comes. His quote is as follows;
    "The secret of success is for a man(woman) to be ready for his (hers) opportunity when it comes." Be ready. This is my philosophy.
    However, that is the 'objective' bit - the success bit. As far as the philiosophy of life is concerned, I say have no fear. Don't be afraid of the next world. It's all been well planned here and hereafter. Be nice, be gentle...be good.

4. profile image0
    dixie28714posted 6 years ago

I have a couple:

If you can lay your head down at night & go to sleep satisfied with how you lived that day without regrets, your job is done.

Treat others how you want to be treated (EVERYTHING comes full circle one day, I mean EVERYTHING)

Try to find at least one positive thing each day, we get so carried away with drama and bad things in life its easy to overlook something so simple as a sunset or the smell of something cooking..

If we can all take less for granted and be more humble, the world would be such a better place smile

5. profile image49
    MrYellowposted 6 years ago

As one of my Grandmothers mugs once said:

'A day wasted is a day in which you have not laughed'

I think going a whole day without laughing once would be a very terrible thing indeed

6. tfhodge profile image59
    tfhodgeposted 6 years ago

It is better not to wrap philosophy around such an evolving beautiful mystery.

working