jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Is UFO disclosure to the world eminent and are we ready for it in your opinion?

1. Alastar Packer profile image83
    Alastar Packerposted 6 years ago

Is UFO disclosure to the world eminent and are we ready for it in your opinion?

As country after country releases their Top Secret  UFO files do you believe the world is ready for full disclosure?

2. Jason Oleinik profile image72
    Jason Oleinikposted 6 years ago

I don't think the world is ready. The majority of the population of the world is still not open-minded enough for something like that. I think aliens already have visited Earth though, and it will be revealed in the next 50 or so years.

3. nikki_m profile image83
    nikki_mposted 6 years ago

I don't think that the majority of the world will ever be ready for such news. Saying that UFOs are real does more than just confirm conspiracy theories, it also would cause many people to question their view on reality and religion.

I don't think disclosure is eminent because of this reason. Besides potentially causing outrage at the fact that such files must have been hidden from the public, it could cause a worldwide crisis of faith. None of it would be good for the people behind the hidden files, so there is no reason for them to come forward with them.

4. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

some are some aren't is the only way to put it. i could see some people panic while others like myself say "no kidding".

5. Merlin Fraser profile image80
    Merlin Fraserposted 6 years ago

I wouldn't give any UFO disclosure too much credence, let’s face it if there is intelligent life out there why the hell would they come here ?

6. Brad Beard profile image65
    Brad Beardposted 6 years ago

Every time a major news event grabs the attention of the majority of people, we find out later that something unscrupulous was done while our attention was elsewhere, like the passing of a bill none of us would really have wanted as a law. I'm not sitting around waiting for alien visitation to happen, but if it did, we had better not be caught gaping at the skies like dazzled sheep.

7. Jonesy0311 profile image60
    Jonesy0311posted 6 years ago

I suppose that most people could deal with full disclosure on a personal level. My guess is that the majority would just choose to remain in denial. People like me would just say "I told you so" and move on. Others may have religious, philosophical, or ideological opposition to believing that it is "real." I think that riots and plenty of religious fanaticism would ensue shortly thereafter. Look what happened when Wells did "War of the Worlds." Then again, the Battle of Los Angeles didn't seem to bother anybody and even here in New Mexico I rarely hear about Roswell.

Our government (U.S.) can't even be honest about imminent financial collapses. I imagine that they will deny UFOs to the grave.

8. Borsia profile image44
    Borsiaposted 6 years ago

Is there life out there? Almost undoubtedly.
    Are they dropping by on vacation? Very unlikely.
    If you were an advanced society capable of interstellar travel and you came upon a planet full of resources and populated by an, at least somewhat higher and intelligent life form, would you go to a remote area and pick up one of them to probe or would you go to a high profile area and try to communicate directly?
    Why would you hide?
    If you are in such an advanced spaceship would you run from some primitive fire belching low flying contraption?
    The answer is not likely, you certainly would have nothing to fear.
    Will we someday be contacted by alien life, probably. But in most serious scenarios aliens will not just fly by and wink at a few isolated people, or cows. And it isn’t likely they would pass up our resources, although by the time they come we will probably have expended them.
    And finally if you did pick up one of these higher life forms to probe would you really choose the anus to go in?
    As much as I would like to think we have visitors and that they come if not in peace at least not with great malice it doesn’t seem very likely.

But to the original question its a crap shoot. Some of us would have no problem with the idea of alien visitors. Others would have their very concepts of man and the universe blown away and they couldn't handle that.

9. Darrell Roberts profile image72
    Darrell Robertsposted 6 years ago

What is the big deal.  Are we as a species so fragile that we would fall apart if there was confirmation that "we are not alone". I seriously hope not, I would be so dissapointed in the "greatness of humanity".