jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Does it feel like your job is getting in the way of your life?

1. lsin82 profile image59
    lsin82posted 6 years ago

Does it feel like your job is getting in the way of your life?

I feel like my job is taking time away from my purpose. Those 8 hours a day I spend at work could be used towards doing those things that I feel God has purposed me to do. Does this mean that it's time to step out on faith and move on?

2. louisxfourie profile image82
    louisxfourieposted 6 years ago

Yes but there must be order and balance, do your job as if you do it for God, as an offer To Him, change your mindset and witness to all your co-workers, make it a mission field and God will bless you with satisfaction in your job.

3. jacqui2011 profile image83
    jacqui2011posted 6 years ago

I sometimes feel the same as you. Being away from home and family for 9 hours a day gets me down. I really want to be with my kids and work from home some day. Until then, it is a necessity for me to earn money and keep paying the bills.

4. Seeker7 profile image95
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

Yes frequently. There is so much I want to do and just not enough time for it. I'm very much like jacqui - I would love to work from home and have much more time to spend with my family.

Perhaps you're feelings about your work and your commitment to your faith pulling you in different directions, is because you  are not in the work that you enjoy. Have a think about what you really want to do with your life and then start to make a plan about how you can achieve this. It probably won't happen overnight, but I always feel that when I take positive action towards a goal it makes me feel better and things start to happen.

5. Nickalooch profile image91
    Nickaloochposted 6 years ago

i feel like mine is a stop-gap i guess. its just to get me through school

6. RevLady profile image59
    RevLadyposted 6 years ago

What is leading you to believe that where you are is not where God wants you to be at this point in time? What is telling you that you are not already doing those things that God is purposing for your life? If you are dissatisfied, that does not mean that you are not exactly where God wants you to be for a particular purpose. When that purpose has been accomplished, I believe, God will reveal to you your next move and you will not have to wonder about it.

If you decide to step out in faith, it may be helpful to be sure you know what you will be stepping out into. What is it you feel God has purposed you to do? If God has so purposed, He surely will create the way by which it will be accomplished.

I agree with LXF, wherever we are is where God wants us to be for the time He has already established and He expects us to give it our best as if we were working for His sake, which as Christians, we really are. Perhaps, once you have prayed about it and adopted a spirit of "servant" in any capacity that God has so ordained, then you are in the proper spiritual condition whereby more of His purpose will be revealed or attained.

Love, peace and joy in Him