If you had one day left to live, how would you spend it?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (16 posts)
  1. greenville profile image60
    greenvilleposted 6 years ago

If you had one day left to live, how would you spend it?

2. Just Ask Susan profile image89
    Just Ask Susanposted 6 years ago

I would like to spend it surrounded by family and friends.

3. paisley2006 profile image57
    paisley2006posted 6 years ago

I wouldn't care what anyone thinks and I woould tell everyone how I really feel!

4. xkamronx profile image59
    xkamronxposted 6 years ago

paisley2006: Shouldn't you do that anyways?

I honestly don't think I would do much different. I try to live each day to the fullest as it is!

5. whoisbid profile image73
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

I just saw someone die and they knew they were dying. That person made sure that his belongings were given to the people he loved. He made a will and he made it stick by having a lawyer and a psychiatrist prove he had a sound mind. He cared only that people would be taken care of. That man was my father and he is the most remarkable person I have ever seen to leave this world. Even at the end he was only concerned for others. I have never seen someone be so selfless and caring in my whole life. I guess I was very fortunate to be a witness to it.

6. damek profile image61
    damekposted 6 years ago

I would definately write hub about it. All-time highest traffic guaranteed ;-)

But for real, classic things, meet up with family and friends smile

7. Vinaya Ghimire profile image86
    Vinaya Ghimireposted 6 years ago

Meditate so that I can ponder on death and create a smooth passage between the different realms.

8. VENZKHVAM profile image61
    VENZKHVAMposted 6 years ago

I would say a good bye to all my professional friends and go to my family take them for an outing have romantic dinner with them and spend a nice night with my wife, say some nice stories and spend some time with my mom also in the evening and make all arrangements for my insurance  and die peacefully

9. justateacher profile image80
    justateacherposted 6 years ago

That's an easy question...I would spend it enjoying my family, especially my two young grandsons...

10. profile image0
    happy mummsyposted 6 years ago

take deep breathes and spend the entire day with my 2 cherubs, reading their favorite books, singing with them, hugging them and kissing them .. until i close my eyes and my heart stops beating. ~ m

11. Bubblegum Senpai profile image88
    Bubblegum Senpaiposted 6 years ago

probably panic at trying to figure out what I would do with my last day. It's like the Jerry Seinfield joke:

"That voice on movie commercials. It's always 'If you only see one movie this year...'

If you're only going to see one movie a year, why go at all? You get all hyped up thinking 'This better be worth it, I don't get to do this again for another 365 days...'"

I just think if I all of a sudden found out I was going to die at this time tomorrow, It's very likely I wouldn't be able to do anything. I'd be too panicky to think straight or even be able to let the news sink in.

12. rikabothra profile image61
    rikabothraposted 6 years ago

I would spend the day with the love of my life and trying out all the adventure sports that I would be apprehensive to ever attempt otherwise!

13. profile image0
    lostwithinmyselfposted 6 years ago

I would spend it with the people that i love. My kids and family. x

14. michelemacwrites profile image78
    michelemacwritesposted 6 years ago

Indeed I would want to be with the love of my life, our children and my doggie pal, Kipperdoodles.  We would enjoy one of my favorite meals. Hopefully I don't need to make amends to anyone but if I did, I would definitely call and say, "I'm sorry".
    Just a quiet day reminiscing on good times and giving thanks for my life and all my blessings.   At the very end, all that matters are relationships and memories.

15. mandypoole profile image59
    mandypooleposted 6 years ago

I agree with Bubblegum, I would be in right old panic trying to figure out how to spend the day. That's if I was well enough to actually go anywhere or do anything. But, I would definitely want my family around me. But I would want it as normal as possible, people laughing, joking, having a nice meal, that kind of thing.

16. zumba man profile image60
    zumba manposted 6 years ago

spend it with the person i love most in the world although we are a few thousand miles apart, i would go see that person no matter how i got there and spend the last few remaining hours and seconds with that person. Just to hold their hand and that smile that would be ingrained in my brain for the last time...''c''

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)