jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you believe in incarnation?

1. anupma profile image78
    anupmaposted 6 years ago

Do you believe in incarnation?

2. profile image0
    Multimanposted 6 years ago

No, if by incarnation you mean the Divine becoming incarnate bodily into a human being, I do not so believe.  The Painter never becomes teh painting, and a Baker does not become the bread he makes.

3. ibbarkingmad profile image85
    ibbarkingmadposted 6 years ago

No. I believe that our spirits are unique and essential to who we are. While the idea of rebirth is nice, especially since it gives a feeling that no matter your choices you can have another go around (a simplistic look at the philosophy I know, but that is the basics of it) I feel the universe, nature and God does not allow for such a simplistic look at choices and consequences. That being said, I am fine with other believing this, I just think it is incorrect.

4. lone77star profile image84
    lone77starposted 6 years ago

I know incarnation. In fact, I have known many of them.

Belief is too much at effect (perception). Knowing (faith) is at cause (creation).

The Nazarene teacher was an incarnation of the divine.

Most of us, however, are incarnations of the sleeping (fallen) children of God. These are potentially divine, but wallowing in ego.

Once we free ourselves from ego, we no longer need incarnation.

5. shamani67 profile image60
    shamani67posted 6 years ago

I believe that we continue to come back (reborn) until we have served our purpose, If we die before we have done the things we were meant to then you will come back, born into another family. There are certain things that we must learn in our lifetime, if we don't, well, welcome back. This may happen many times until you learn what you have to. I have lived several lives before. Obviously I didn't get it those other times and until I do, I guess I will keep on returning. LOL

6. profile image13
    saisarannagaposted 6 years ago

i believe in incarnation. In Hindu scriptures there is ample evidence for incarnation. God, though formless can assume any form he choose to suit a particular period, mission and people. These are termed incarnations of God. In Puranas, there are stories about various incarnations of Lord Mahavishnu. Ten avatars of Lord are considered important. Some of them are Macha(Fish), Kurma, varaha(boar),Vamana (dwarf).Narasimha(man lion), Rama, Krishna, Parasurama, Buddha and Kalki avatars. In other Regions also, incarnations like Jesus Christ have taken place.

working