Do you believe in the Day of Judgment and Life after Death?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (44 posts)
  1. Mash 99 profile image39
    Mash 99posted 11 years ago

Do you believe in the Day of Judgment and Life after Death?

If you believe so what preparation are you doing for life after death?

2. profile image0
    CJ Sledgehammerposted 11 years ago

Yes, life after death is a fact of life. The only question is where one will spend eternity (with our loving Creator or apart from Him).

To answer the second part of your question - I do not know if anyone can "prepare" for the afterlife per se, other than to store up for themselves treasures in heaven and by loving the Lord thy God with all their heart, soul and mind.

In a sense, even though I am living in this material world...I also live for eternity at the same time. This means that I concern myself with the things of God and try to follow His Word the best I can. Luckily, we are saved by grace and not by works, lest anyone should boast.

1. nightwork4 profile image60
      nightwork4posted 11 years agoin reply to this

B.S. life after death is NOT a fact so quit lying. i don't believe in any of that absurd religious junk and to hear someone say it is a fact bothers me to no end. have faith if you want but don't call it a fact.

2. Mash 99 profile image39
      Mash 99posted 11 years agoin reply to this

All the Prophets of God called their people to worship God and to believe in life after death. They laid so much emphasis on the belief in life after death that even a slight doubt in it meant denying God and made all other beliefs meaningless.

3. profile image0
      CJ Sledgehammerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

NW4 - my polar opposite: I'm sorry you cannot discern fact from fiction or truth from lies. Holy Scripture tells us that "the fool says in his heart there is no God." Truth be known, you will meet the afterlife one day, either in shame or in victory.

4. Mash 99 profile image39

Death , according to the Qur'an, is not the end of man's life; it only opens the door to another, a higher form of life: " We have ordained death among you and We are not to be overcome, that We may change your state and make you grow into what you k

5. nightwork4 profile image60

CJS- the funny things is that neither you nor anyone else can prove whether it happens or not but you actually think someone with an IQ is going to believe it, scary dude.

6. profile image0

By the same token you cannot prove that God does not exist anymore than you can disprove the afterlife, yet you speak as though you can. The bottom line is if you are wrong...you will lose everything, but if you are right - you have gained nothing.

7. nightwork4 profile image60

CJ, i have gained everything by being right. while you have wasted hours of your life praying to nothing, i have helped people make their lives a little better. i do charitable work in my town quite often , do you?

8. profile image0

Really?! You are right that often? If this is true, then would you mind placing some bets for me and picking some lottery numbers for me? You may be right about a lot of things, but you're dead wrong about  God. And, yes, I do plenty of charity work.

3. edhan profile image37
    edhanposted 11 years ago

Yes. I do believe.

It is like Karma & Merits cycle.

So, I am helping people as much as I can. I am also seeking the way of enlightenment so that I will no longer be judge again since it will end the cycle of reborn. If not this life, I will seek again in the next life.

4. lone77star profile image75
    lone77starposted 11 years ago

I believe in the Day of Judgment. This whole Homo sapiens thing has been a rescue mission for the catatonic children of God within. But as it says in Genesis 6:3, "And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh..." There will come a day when the plug is pulled on the mission, and those who have decided to return will return, and those who have decided they don't believe in that mumbo jumbo will have to stay.

Civilization, without the civilizing force of the spiritual guidance, will crumble. It will descend into what the Bible describes as "wailing and gnashing" -- or victim and perpetrator. But in a few million years, the Earth will no longer be fit for life, because the sun is gradually warming up as it ages. Eventually, there will be no more oceans, and then no more atmosphere. Then, the mountains will begin to melt, as the sun (in 4-5 billion years) balloons out to consume Mercury and Venus.

I don't believe in life after death; I know there is life after death. Not only have I experienced it and remembered it, but the Bible mentions it in numerous locations, if you are willing to see and to understand. But reincarnation is only part of the process of the rescue. It is opportunity to receive the sword by which you had lived in an earlier life. It is the opportunity for the perpetrator, as a new child, to receive the wages of the sins he had waged as the father in the previous life. It is an opportunity to soften the once hardened heart (attitude) to receive humility and learning.

If I do not fully get rid of ego in this life, I hope and pray that I may pass on to the next incarnation the gift of greater virtue and understanding of such things, as my prior incarnation passed on to me and the recurring dreams I had as an infant that were my first lessons in this lifetime.

If I am successful in this life in getting rid of ego, fully, then I may well not need another incarnation. I may rest in the rescue "station" and gain strength of spirit for what the Lord God, our Father in Heaven, may ask of me in the future. I pray that I may find that success that so few others -- of our religious leaders -- have attained.

5. stanwshura profile image71
    stanwshuraposted 11 years ago

I used to fear such a possibility, but the more seriously I tried to take my former ( or at least very shaken) faith, by reading the Bible and pondering the hell out of it and other texts both sacred and secular, the more I realized how IMPOSSIBLE it is to satisfy so many contradictory dicta and/or conditions.  I am an agnostic who now waits for faith to find me, as the reverse is, at least in current days, a mortally (a self-inflicted ceasing of existence as a biological entity) dangerous source of potential relief.  I will say that, given the unfairness and, if He is, then a downright sinful sitting on His hands, wholly unmerciful suffering I have both witnessed and endured, I have absolutely NO fear going nose to nose with Him and comparing legacies.  If a non-/post-mortal paradise exists, then His presence entitles mine.

1. profile image0

Well...good luck to ya Stan. I would wish you well, but it looks like it will be in vain. A faithless man who waits for faith to find him is like a hungry man waiting for food to come knocking at his door. In the end, he will starve to death.

2. stanwshura profile image71
      stanwshuraposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That is precisely how I am feeling (and have for a looong time - the irony being that any religion or independent attempt to be authentically faithful just ends up making me very frustrated, angry and cynical).  Your metaphor is apt. Your tone...?

3. profile image0

Please see my tone as one of concern. Perhaps it would be comforting to know the Bible says that we are saved by GRACE, and not by works. Religions are man-made systems of customs, rites and rituals, and most of them demand strict adherance to rules.

6. peeples profile image92
    peeplesposted 11 years ago

I believe the only judgment we get is the judgment we receive on earth from fellow humans. I believe that after death there is nothing. All the more reasons to enjoy what time I have here.

1. profile image0

According to Blaise Pascal, if you say there's no afterlife and there is, you have lost much. Whereas if you believe there's an afterlife and there is not...you have lost nothing.  The wise, therefore, should place their bet on God and the afterlife.

The Holy Qur'an says, "And those who believe and do righteous good deeds, they are dwellers of paradise, they will dwell therein forever."
      ➢Surah Al-Baqarah 2: Ayah 82

3. peeples profile image92
      peeplesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

So if I live a good life, do good deeds, but don't believe in a paradise I go to hell? I will pass on any God that is like that. I live a good moral life. If that isn't enough then oh well. To me I can not lose what I do not believe in.

4. profile image0

I am sure by human standards that you probably do live a "good" life and your deeds are seen as being worthy of human praise. Unfortunately for humanists, they will not be sitting upon the judgment throne of the Holy Father...King of the universe.

5. peeples profile image92

Like I said if my lack of belief is my only downfall to a God (if I am wrong), then I would rather spend my eternity in a hell than with an ego maniac who simply wants a believer and would hold that one thing against me.

6. profile image0

Well, my dear...that one thing is a fairly big deal.

The Almighty doesn't need a believer...He wants His sons and daughters to find Him...and through Him...they will find their way home. Ego maniac? Hardly. But, enjoy what little time you have left

7. peeples profile image92

Oh I will enjoy every minute of it. If I am wrong so be it, but at least I am willing to admit I may be wrong. Are you? Or do you assume your way must be the only way. Which one of the thousands of Gods do you believe in?

8. profile image0

Peeples: I do not seek my own way...I am neither that wise, clever, or powerful. I believe in only one God and He is the Great "I Am". He created this planet and the universe and all that is in it with His only begotten Son, Christ Yeshua (Jesus).

9. peeples profile image92

So if you don't seek your own way how do you know you picked the right God out of the thousands or if you just followed in what others told you to believe? There are thousands of different Gods people believe in, how do you know you're right 100%?

10. profile image0

There is only one God who offers forgiveness of sins and salvation through the innocent, bitter, suffering and death of His beloved Son, Christ Yeshua. All other gods are devils in disguise and they really have nothing of substance to say or offer.

11. peeples profile image92

Lol so your way is the only way. That's why I am not a believer. If we can not question then we lose sight of reality. I will agree to disagree on this one. Have a good day/night CJ.

12. profile image0

As I said before, I don't follow my own way. If you want to follow your own way - be a humanist, buddhist, atheist, or start your own religion. That's how all other gods came into existence - people didn't like the real one so they made up their own.

13. Mash 99 profile image39

The God has given the best thinking mind to human to decide what is wrong or right. It's human duty to search for the truth and make his belief accordingly. If you don't believe in God and his directions how come you expect to go in paradise.

14. peeples profile image92

Mash, my point was It's a backwards way of thinking to have a god who lets a rapist or a serial killer in to heaven because they believed and felt bad for what they did (asked for forgiveness) but a good person who only lacked faith goes to hell.

15. Mash 99 profile image39

peeples Islam has divided the sin in 2 categories. one belongs to disobedience of God and the other violation of other peoples rights. God may forgive the sinner where he violates the rights of God but in other case it's up to the victim if  forgiv

7. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 11 years ago

i doubt deep down anyone sane believes in any of that. there have been so many predictions for such foolishness and when it doesn't happen, excuses are sure to follow.

1. Mash 99 profile image39

don't you believe in religion?

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 11 years agoin reply to this

First of all 2 billion Christians would disagree. Secondly, no man knows when this will happen. God says in the Bible it will come at a time it is least expected. People try to predict it for attention.

3. profile image0

Misguided people make predictions...not ardent followers of Christ who know better.

4. nightwork4 profile image60

first of all, less then 10 %of christians even read the bible and understand it.no i don't believe in religion and to be honest, i doubt most people who claim to do, it's about them being afraid to speak up.

5. profile image0

I don't follow a religion - I follow the truth. And the truth is found in every word emanating from the Almighty's Holy mouth and through His only begotten Son, Christ Yeshua (Jesus). Religions are man-made systems based on customs, rites and rituals

8. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 11 years ago

I do believe there will be a final judgement before God. What am I doing to prepare for this? I have been saved by the grace of God through the blood of his son Jesus Christ who died on the cross for all's sin, and strive everyday to do what is right and pleasing to God. Yes, there is life after death. We have two options, choose Jesus and Heaven for eternity, or the world and the sins of the world and spend eternity in hell. Am I worthy? No, not one is worthy of Heaven. Only being covered and saved by the blood of Jesus assures me eternity in paradise.

1. profile image0

Well said, Jeff.

Every one has to appear before the God with his deeds (good or bad). The God will decide Himself where to send (heaven or hell) on the bases of his deeds. There are some who will live in hell forever and some will move 2 heaven after their punishment

3. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you CJ.

9. tsmog profile image85
    tsmogposted 11 years ago

Yes. Been there, done that. I smiled upon seeing the sun in the morning.

10. Tusitala Tom profile image66
    Tusitala Tomposted 11 years ago

Don't know whether I go along with this Day of Judgement thing.  It seems to infer that there is somebody other than ourselves who is going to evaluate our performance whilst we've resided in a human body and then mark us down or up, with a pass mark allowing us to go into heaven.   Too bad if you miss out by one mark and go down to shovel coal in a furnace-room forever more.

I believe that we are already extant (living, existing, experiencing our lives) across several dimensions at the same time, and only a part of our being is actually residing in a physical body during that time we 'live' on earth.   So it is not so much a matter of 'life after death' as a continuity without the addendum of a part of ourselves being locked into a material body.

We know that body is made up of material substances; in biblical terms, 'the dust of the earth.'   Just add water and mix and...  Well, it's a bit more complex than that.  But if we see ourselves as 'the life in the body' that withdraws at time of death, we get a different perspective.   I'm not saying this is right.  I saying that I accept it as a working hypothesis I can live with.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)