there IS a God, ok?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (83 posts)
  1. yolanda yvette profile image60
    yolanda yvetteposted 14 years ago

Your disbelief in God does not negate His existence.  God The  Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit are The One, True God.  Eternally.

1. UpHisAss profile image61
      UpHisAssposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well done yolanda. Quite right.  Excellent work.

This one speaks the truth here. No matter what you believe - you are wrong. There is a god and although we respect your right to believe differently, that will never change the fact that you are wrong.

Congratulations on winning this argument yolanda. But - why did you deny my fan mail? I love you and want to show the world how much I respect the logical and loving arguments you put to the heathen.

Once again - very, very well done.

1. Pr0metheus profile image60
        Pr0metheusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Seriously... you are awesome.  I can't tell you that enough.  Whoever you are, A+.

2. yolanda yvette profile image60
        yolanda yvetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This one does speak the truth.  Thank you for acknowledging that.  No matter what you believe - God exists.  There is a God and although I respect YOUR right to believe differently, that will never change the fact that God is.

I have won no argument,however, because there is no argument to win.  And as far as the fan mail....But know that I love you, and more than that, God loves you.

If you loved me, you would not have denied my fan mail. sad

We are agreed though. No matter what silly things these unbelievers think - they are wrong and they will be burning in hell.  Well done in not winning the argument, but just stating the Truth. If anyone tells you otherwise - we can rest secure that they are wrong and although we do not dismiss their beliefs, we respect their RIGHT to believe whatever it is they want to. They will always be wrong though. Excellent job in not winning the argument. Because there can be no argument with the TRUTH.

Congratulations in not arguing and merely stating the truth. Very, very well done in not fighting, not arguing and not winning. Good work.

Again I thank you for acknowledging that I have spoken the truth in saying:  there is a God, ok?  Your disbelief in God does not negate His existence.  God, The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit are The One, True God.  Eternally.

I agree with you. Yes - what you said is the truth. No matter what anyone else believes - they are all wrong.  You are right. Well done. The Eternal Existence is Right. You are Right. Excellent! You have spoken the Truth and everyone else is wrong. Nothing anyone else believes could be correct - although we respect their RIGHT to believe whatever gets them through the long dark days ahead. You are right.

Yay! We win!!!! Congratulations on winning. Very very well done indeed. !!!

How could I have won, when I'm not competing?  Simply expressing MY belief that God is.

My Mistake. I thought you stated an absolute. "there IS a God,ok?"

Does this mean you are wavering now because I might lose respect if that is the case. Are you now saying that you "believe" there is a god rather than there actually being one and no matter what other people might believe, they are wrong and there IS a god?

No mistake.  I did state an absoute.  God does exist.  But I do not have to believe it. 

My choice is to believe.

Hebrews 11:6-KJV, states, "But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must BELIEVE THAT HE IS, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him."

He is, whether no person had ever believed. He is.  Believing that He is, is another thing altogether and is always up to the individual.  As is disbeliving.

No, this does not mean I am wavering now because you might lose respect.  I am saying that 1)God does exist and 2)I believe it.  And yes, no matter what people might believe, there is a God.

2. tantrum profile image61
                tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol Good work indeed ! lol big_smile

2. AEvans profile image74
            AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

UpYour;;;;, If Satan is so great based on your profile why are your name so negative? Why would you be so proud to represent him when he is a fallen angel of God? Satan tries to lure the good in with his deception and tries to lead others by using the same words as God. I respect your decisions to believe in what you choose but I am trying to understand why you would choose to follow him? He will do all he can to steal your soul and I personally would not want to be cast into the lake of fire. smile

You have not read my profile very well then. I suggest you go back and re-read it. You fell for the "lake of fire" line also.... Think of us as "honest christians." wink

And think how many here are actually doing my work........

1. AEvans profile image74

You are funny ! big_smile

3. profile image0
            cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

now...see...this is the very thing i am talking about.

this sense of smug satisfaction re: "unbelievers". would Jesus talk that way?

1. AEvans profile image74

Nope. smile

2. Jennitasia profile image60
              Jennitasiaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

None of us can even compare to Jesus, but I don't believe in hell as a lake of fire... I think that "hell" is living eternally within your own self mutilation for eternity. Hell is a metaphore used to help people fear it, but the lake of fire is just a metaphore...no one can really PROVE anything; it is by faith that we choose to believe in what ever we choose to believe. If you say your an athiest; then you are choosing to simply believe your own philosphies. We all believe differently...it seems.

3. mohitmisra profile image60
              mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I never believed in god or Jesus and I went to heaven so cosette ignore such threats. smile

Jesus said the kingdom of god is within you. smile
              This holds good for every human irrespective of his religion and irrespective if he is a believer or an atheist.

3. mobilephone guide profile image60
        mobilephone guideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Dr House

2. profile image0
      ellie1142545posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes....There is Only one God....God The Father, God The Spirit, God The Son....Three different intintities, and yet are One....Eternally....Amen!!

Yes - this one is right. Not that you would know it because she only states her beliefs when asked..... except in this case,,,, when she was not .. Ok - forget that.

Yes! Yay ! You win!!!!

Well done. Excellent work.

1. profile image0

I'm agreeing with what was said here abot God, not stating my beliefs, but for you, since I've visited your site and saw who you worship, that Jesus is alive and well....And when the time comes even you, and the one you serve will bow dow and say, "Jesus Christ Is Lord."

Little do you understand that you are serving My Master already. Every time you say anything you help our cause. Thank you. We love you very much.

1. profile image0

No....I gave my life to the Lord, who has total control, and the one you serve has no power over me....Thank You Jesus!!

Amen to that!!!  Thanks ellie1142545.

Yes! Very excellent. You win. !

I didn't know this was a compettion.

You keep saying that and then competing. Well done. Good work.

Not competing.  Expressing.

3. yes2truth profile image60
      yes2truthposted 14 years agoin reply to this

These statements I always find so futile and in this case we have a double whammy of futility:

1) If it were the Godhead you were defending or promoting it would be like casting pearls before swine.

2) As it happens the god you are promoting is the Devil i.e. the trinity god; all the way from Ancient Egypt.

Little do they understand why We love them so much.

1. yes2truth profile image60

You just speak for yourself, for I know that you are very capable of doing so. Like them, though, it's all vain crap and BS, but there we are it's your bosses' world - just for the time being. Sniff, cor, blow me, that must be your ass I can smell burning. Chuckle chuckle chuckle.

So - they are not promoting the devil? And yes - it is My World. As it will always be. Unless you have convinced yourself that there is something else.

Yes - I am having a chuckle at your statements also. hehehehe

Your statements show me that you need to spend more time in the Word and less in these forums.

Care to show me where the word trinity can be found in the Holy Scriptures seeing as you are such an expert!!??

For HubPages forums read hornets nest of deluded mainstream Christians who think they know The Truth. Oh the laughs get better and better.

Who was God speaking OF when He said, Let US make man in OUR image, after OUR likeness:?  Gen 1:26KJV

How do make three out of Two?

Which two?

2. atomswifey profile image57
                atomswifeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Matthew 28:18-20 "And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, ‘All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you, and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.’"

Note there where it clearly says "NAME" not the plural "names". So they do in fact share one name.

1 John 5:7 "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one."

Note there as well the word?
                Who or what could that be?
                Jesus who is the Word, as proven in this scripture:

John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God. And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us." (Jesus is God)

Oh no not another one!!!!!!

Both Matthew 28:19 and 1 John 5:7-8 are corruptions - additions by Jerome into the Latin Vulgate. Go and do your research before quoting contaminated Scriptures at me.

1. atomswifey profile image57
                    atomswifeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow you are a misguided one arent you? ok I will not use those scriptures then. How about these...

"The Lord our God is one Lord:" (Deuteronomy 6:4)

"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all." (Galatians 13:14)

"Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garmet? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell? (Proverbs 30:4)

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given:...his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."  (Isaiah 9:6)

"In him Christ dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily."  (Colossians 2:9)

God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory." (1 Timothy 3:16)

"Why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost?...thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God." (Acts 5:3-4)

The Hebrew word for God is Elohim which is a plural. And do know what Emmanuel means?
                    God is with us
                    Jesus is called Emmanuel.

And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.  Go to, let US go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech. – Genesis 11:6-7

Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for US? Then said I, Here am I send me. – Isaiah 6:8

2. profile image0
            1. profile image0

If I didn't know any better, I'd swear that you are someone that I blocked from my myspace site....Don't think you are though, but you sure sound like it!

I wouldn't be found nor seen dead on Myspace or Facebook.

1. profile image0

To each their own....

Absolutely!

2. profile image0

It's not....

Thrad emes ill we edny yow.

4. profile image50
      st3v364posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Seems I win. By believing God exists, you deny the known truth, thus the reason for your belief,opinion that God exists.

2. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Ever hear of April Fool's day? Yeah, that's the day we remember what we are the other 364 days of the year.

3. Daniel Carter profile image63
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

This is sounding way too circular.
    On to something else.

4. torimari profile image67
    torimariposted 14 years ago

And, your belief in God does not make him exist.

Religion and even atheism is BELIEF in something or that something is not. Sooo of course belief or disbelief does not affirm or negate a deities existence.

So, either way it doesn't matter. This is just stirring up trouble where we have enough topics where you could easily post your two cents which many have repeated like a broken record (same goes to responses on the other realm of religion).

Why a new topic?

1. profile image0
      lynnechandlerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Amen and bless be to you for stating the obvious.

Correct, my belief in God does not make Him exist.  He exists, with or without my belief.

5. Sanctus Vesania profile image61
    Sanctus Vesaniaposted 14 years ago

Oh, good grief...

6. Make  Money profile image67
    Make Moneyposted 14 years ago

"there IS a God, ok?"

Okay smile

7. marcofratelli profile image78
    marcofratelliposted 14 years ago

3 nails + 1 cross = 4 given
    QED.

8. Len Cannon profile image85
    Len Cannonposted 14 years ago

Well, I'm glad we cleared that up.

9. earnestshub profile image72
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Hello Mohit. smile Do you then see god as an aspect of self that can be realized? smile

1. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi earenesthub

Yes god is self and yes one can realize him which is the main purpose of our or souls  journey on earth

Get to know yourself and you get to know god.

"Who am I and why am I here,
      Has just become my greatest fear."

written ten years ago.

"You should get to know yourself,
      Mans best friend is himself."

written five years ago

Then the self encompasses this entire cosmos and not just ones body. smile

Get to know yourself and you get to know god?  Nay, get to know God, and you get to know yourself.

10. Sanctus Vesania profile image61

As one who used to be a trinity believer, it wasn't until after I was led to actually spend more time with the Word that I was called to realize that the trinity is not Biblical.

The trinity is based off of several pagan deities.

Osrisis, Horus, and Isis. - Egypt

Jupiter, Juno, Minerva - Roman

Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva - Hindu

Anu, Enlil, Enki - Sumerian

God says that He is like no other, so why would he be a copy of a bunch of pagan deities?

Could it be that these pagan deities are based off of The Trinity?

Only with a time machine. Well done. Too bad you are discovering you work for me. Denial is a wonderful thing.

In the morning - it will be as though this conversation never happened.

never happened................

It hasn't happened already! LOL

2. yes2truth profile image60

Could it be that your knowledge of ancient history is poorer than poor?

Pagan trinity deities; ancient Egypt 1000's of years BC. Roman Catholic, conjuring trick, trinity deity via the illegitimate Tertullian, 200 AD.

I can admit you got me there.  But you didn't answer my question. 

Which two?

God with God, later to be known as The Father and The Son. Do you not know that The Lord was always God with God - Two beings?

Well what about the Spirit of God who moved upon the face of the waters?

What about The Spirit that holds all of the stars, universe and the solar system in place and this earth on its axis?

It's Power - abstract Power like electricity only it is Power in the Godhead's hands. Their Power does their bidding. It's an 'it' not a 'he'.

The Greek word for 'he' is also the same word for 'it'. So what this means is that using the word 'he' was a translators choice i.e. translators with a Roman Catholic/Christian Religious trinitarian agenda.

11. Sanctus Vesania profile image61

God is three in one, so Jesus Christ says "I do not do my own will, but the will of my Father"

He prays to the Father to have the cup passed over him, but said "thy will be done"

Jesus says, "Nobody knows the day or hour, but my Father in Heaven"

either God has severe dissociative identity disorder, or God the Father and God the Son are two distinct beings who are united in one mindset.

So, all you "Christians" will you believe that God is mentally ill, or the truth?

1. profile image0

Actually, they are as one...Threde differant beings, but are as one...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)