jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Good Works are more powerful than preaching

1. whoisbid profile image75
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

Good Works are more powerful than preaching

Jesus said - Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. MtL :16 *KJV)
    Do you believe that good works done to others are more valuable to God than preaching and if this is true that people who do good works are more spiritual than those who simply preach?

2. profile image12
    saisarannagaposted 6 years ago

The hands that help are holier than the lips that pray said Saibaba. God loves the service done to other rather than the prayers you have uttered. If you rise your hand to help an unfortunate brother, you are rising it for Me. When you console a weeping heart, you are really consoling Me. These statements arose from the fundamental Truth that God permeates the entire Universe and He is the in dweller of all beings. Hence any help rendered to others are the help rendered to your own Self.

3. DoubleScorpion profile image78
    DoubleScorpionposted 6 years ago

It is a simple matter of, do you walk the talk or do you just talk. Those who talk the talk and walk the walk are the example to follow.

4. profile image0
    Eddie-Perkinsposted 6 years ago

No, I do not believe that good works done to others are more valuable to God than preaching and therefore people who do good works are not more spiritual than those who simply preach? Only God can say who is spiritual and who is not. There should be – must be a balance in our witness. In the Gospel of John chapter 5 and verses 31-39 Jesus said that He has a Fourfold Witness: (1) John the Baptist; “John… has borne witness to the truth” (2) The works that Jesus did, “the very works that I do — bear witness of Me” (3) The Father, “the Father Himself, who sent Me, has testified of Me” (4) The Scriptures, “the Scriptures… these are they which testify of Me”
    A person is not saved by good works, but once saved the Christian is to perform good works. (Ephesians 2:8-10). One of the many works we are to perform is preach the Word. That is so important because it is the power of God unto salvation. (Romans 1:16) For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.

5. Cassie Smith profile image69
    Cassie Smithposted 6 years ago

Being a preacher or doing good works don't have to be two separate things and there is value in both.

6. ii3rittles profile image83
    ii3rittlesposted 6 years ago

Actions speak louder than words and a heart that truly loves God will not only speak of the love, but show it. smile

working